Old Gear find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JediCheese

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I purchased a tank out of hydro from someone off FB Marketplace and am getting it hydro'ed. They threw in a bag of stuff just to get rid of it. Had some old gear that was likely good 20 years ago but is now trash. But I came across these regs.

The regs look in acceptable shape but I'm not trusting my life to them without service. When dropping the tank off for hydro, the local dive shop looked at them and informed me they weren't serviceable due to the company being out of business.

In it appears to be a Dacor Extreme Plus 1st stage, two Dacor Enduro Regulators, a Seatac regulator, and an unknown 1st stage with no markings, plus two SPGs in housings. I'll keep the SPGs (assuming they work) and the Sherwood actually looks cool. The dive computer sadly isn't replaceable battery and it's dead.

Will I find any enthusiasts willing to pay shipping for the regs/computer or should I toss them?

Other question, do SPGs require service and are there parts for them? Or do they have life limits like hoses where you toss them after x amount of time?

Attachments

• PXL_20240307_152547933.jpg
    PXL_20240307_152547933.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 106
  • PXL_20240307_152657417.jpg
    PXL_20240307_152657417.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20240307_152712916.jpg
    PXL_20240307_152712916.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20240307_152722062.jpg
    PXL_20240307_152722062.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20240307_152740033.jpg
    PXL_20240307_152740033.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 102
You paid the right price, offer them up for cost of shipping and you may get rid of them.

It will likely turn out to be a mid to late 90's Dacor. The 1st stage looks like an unbalanced piston, which is no longer something that people would line up to buy.

They weren't bad regulators! Just a victim of bad timing, bad marketing and bad management.

IIRC they used the same parts as other manufactures at that time. You might still be able to find parts that will fit, but it's more valuable on your wall than it is on the second hand market, unless you can find a collector who is not very discerning.

That first regulator is a Dacor Extreme first stage with likely a Dacor Extreme primary second stage and a Dacor Enduro alternate second stage. Hard from those pictures of the second stages to discern which ones they are exactly (Extreme, Extreme Plus, Extreme Ice, Enduro). Regardless all these are virtually the same with only minor differences.

The second regulator has a Cavalero first stage, but I cannot for the life of me figure out which one. It's not one of the usual suspects as the C20, C15, etc.

The second stage is from SeaTec, again I do not know the model. SeaTec did not produce regulators themselves I believe. That second stage looks very much like a mix between a Cavalero Air Deep and Cavalero Air Flux 2, which I guess makes somewhat sense here. It is basically a Air Flux 2 with a the retaining ring from a Air Deep.

Attachments

• Extreme - Schematics (1993).pdf
    320.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Extreme - Service Manual (1993).pdf
    430.9 KB · Views: 33
The second regulator has a Cavalero first stage, but I cannot for the life of me figure out which one. It's not one of the usual suspects as the C20, C15, etc.

The second stage is from SeaTec, again I do not know the model. SeaTec did not produce regulators themselves I believe. That second stage looks very much like a mix between a Cavalero Air Deep and Cavalero Air Flux 2, which I guess makes somewhat sense here. It is basically a Air Flux 2 with a the retaining ring from a Air Deep.
Regarding the Cavalero, you may be interested to view the Air Flux 2 variations shown in the following collections.
DETENDEURS "Single Hose"
DETENDEUR CAVALERO AIRFLUX 2

I had a Dacor from the 1990s. It was nice but I tossed it because it wasn’t worth trying to service. I still have a Sherwood from the 1990s that I can get serviced but don’t because it doesn’t breath anywhere near as nice as my newer regulators. My recommendation is to toss the old regulators, unless you can use them for artwork.

I was doing some reading and it seems some of the regulators back then used a different sized hose connector. Do these use the common hose sizes or something different?

Might repurpose a first stage as a testing stand and pull a few apart to get some hands on experience with internal scuba parts. If I screw up and break something, nothing lost

Your Dacor likely does use a different size connector. You can get adapters if you’re so inclined. Here’s a link that discusses it Dacor

Found another deal ($50 for ~40lbs of weights in 1-3 lb increments, a steel LP 100 [maybe? The LDS needs to talk to the owner to get a better idea of what it is], a pre-88 AL 80, random wetsuits, fins, and and regulators). Plus I now own a drysuit but need to figure out if it's serviceable and/or anything is salvageable off of it.

Man Dacor was popular at the turn of the century, lots of old Dacor regs. This one has some newer-ish aqualung stuff and other brands I actually know. Might post pics later tonight.

The hoses have some hard rubber braiding on them (pic attached). Are they reusable or not? And do people have thoughts on reusing them if they're not integral to the hose (extra thing to snag on and hiding defects vs extra protection)?

Attachments

• Hose Covers.jpg
    Hose Covers.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 42

Back
Top Bottom