Free Boston GUE Seminar & Demo Day 3/2/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had National Guard drill all weekend. How was the seminar?

Paul

I had National Guard drill all weekend. How was the seminar?

Paul

Paul,

I was not there as a student, but as a GUE-trained diver there to assist Ed Hayes and George Bouloukos. As such, my perspective is probably a little different from what you were asking for.

Speaking personally, I had a great time interacting with the demo participants. Everyone present seemed genuinely interested in what GUE could offer them as an alternative in diving education. Folks asked genuinely great questions, put forth a real effort to take in and process what they were hearing, and by all accounts, made some real progress in the brief time they had in the pool.

Hopefully, the demo participants had as good a time meeting us as we did meeting them.

If you're interested, I've written up a (brief) report on the Northeast Underwater Explorers' website, available here.

Safe diving,
Matt

Thanks Matt.

I believe we have 4-6 people that want to take a Fundamentals class locally. If anybody else is interested PM or email me.

Paul

Thanks Matt.

I believe we have 4-6 people that want to take a Fundamentals class locally. If anybody else is interested PM or email me.

Paul

That's great to hear. Whether people stick with GUE as a training agency for their diving education long term or not, the course is tremendously worthwhile and is usually pretty eye opening.

...to say nothing of the fact that it's actually a heck of a lot of fun. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom