Free DIR Demo - Mike Kane at Gilboa Quarry, Gilboa OH on May 31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Detroit Diver,
"I was thinking of using the microphone in Gilboa:

"This is the quarry police. Get off the bottom. Now."

I think that is a GREAT idea!!!:D Who knows, with Mike probably already tired of hearing the complaints of people blowing out the bottom, he may put you on the payroll to make an announcement every 30 minutes.

If a "Fine" was associated with every infraction, triple the fine for the instructors, he would not only take care of the additional overhead and payroll burden (you) but also make enough to retire before the end of the summer.

Don

Just think of the possibilities:

"Lunch is now being served at the front office. Wet, refreshing drinks to satisfy that dry mouth feeling." (I could get commisions!)

"Paging Mr. Costanza. Phone call on line 2".

"Would the guy in the red pickup truck, license number HY34NY please come to the front office. Your truck has been towed because of lack of a camping pass."

detroit diver once bubbled...
Just think of the possibilities:

"Lunch is now being served at the front office. Wet, refreshing drinks to satisfy that dry mouth feeling." (I could get commisions!)

"Paging Mr. Costanza. Phone call on line 2".

"Would the guy in the red pickup truck, license number HY34NY please come to the front office. Your truck has been towed because of lack of a camping pass."

Youse guyz are simply out-of-control.... know what I mean?

Detroit Diver,
After meditating on this issue I realized you are on to something here. You could set up franchises from coast to coast as I'm sure you have stumbled upon a solution to a common problem, regardless of what part of the hemisphere the quarry is located.
The sales pitch to sign up new franchisees would be similar to multi-level marketing. "This is you"...represented by a circle..."you get six other divers that are tired of the silt out due to clueless instructors and students that don't know any better (because of the instructor), then they in turn get six other divers, etc.,etc. For every diver they sign up you get a percentage of initial funds then a percentage every month.... The training curve would be relatively short. You could hire ex-DJ's, sell "air time" (kinda gives a new meaning to that term doesn't it?) to advertisers ( you have to diversify the revenue streams)...hmmmm, I'm starting to scare myself at how easy it would be take this concept to reality.

I'm off to write the business,ROI and feasibility plan...

Don

Hope you weren't talking about me and the bottom!

Im quite SURE we stayed off it the whole Day.

Remember our first dive when I found us some good vis?

DONT tell anyone where it was, because its almost ALWAYS there!

Keep it a secret!

Enjoyed the diving Don,

Dave

dcostanza once bubbled...
Detroit Diver,
After meditating on this issue I realized you are on to something here. You could set up franchises from coast to coast as I'm sure you have stumbled upon a solution to a common problem, regardless of what part of the hemisphere the quarry is located.
The sales pitch to sign up new franchisees would be similar to multi-level marketing. "This is you"...represented by a circle..."you get six other divers that are tired of the silt out due to clueless instructors and students that don't know any better (because of the instructor), then they in turn get six other divers, etc.,etc. For every diver they sign up you get a percentage of initial funds then a percentage every month.... The training curve would be relatively short. You could hire ex-DJ's, sell "air time" (kinda gives a new meaning to that term doesn't it?) to advertisers ( you have to diversify the revenue streams)...hmmmm, I'm starting to scare myself at how easy it would be take this concept to reality.

I'm off to write the business,ROI and feasibility plan...

Don

We could call it "Liquid Air". No, that one's taken. How 'bout "Wet Vibrations"? Or, "Tunes in the Lagoon"? Liquid Announcements? Water Waves? The Thunder from Deep Under?

It's getting late....

Big O

(laughing) it was pretty good down there wasn't it???
As far as scenary and new sites, our dive was fairly interesting. Any word on the illusive fish we saw?

Have a great time in Florida... we'll have to explore "the secret spot" once you return...

...and no I wasn't referring to you being on the bottom...because you weren't. Even if you were, I wouldn't mention it publicly.:D

Don

A reminder "bump"

Man I am really tempted to go it's only a four hour drive but I can't convince my dive buddy ( who is also my wife:) ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom