Free Dive Log BETA Screenshots DUW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmc4x4:
Would anybody use this?

The devil is in the details. If I had to enter all that to add a dive, not a chance. Defaults are an absolute must. Also, many dives are similar so ability to copy a dive could be a timesaver.

You should add an Other checkbox to the Location Type just to cover any oddball sites out there. For example, I dived an Atlas missile silo, where would that go? Or Bonne Terre mine?

There should be something for entry access, i.e. shore, boat, etc.

What are your plans for dive log display, summaries, and reports?

Have you ever seen or used Scubase?

ReefHound:
The devil is in the details. If I had to enter all that to add a dive, not a chance. Defaults are an absolute must. Also, many dives are similar so ability to copy a dive could be a timesaver.

You should add an Other checkbox to the Location Type just to cover any oddball sites out there. For example, I dived an Atlas missile silo, where would that go? Or Bonne Terre mine?

There should be something for entry access, i.e. shore, boat, etc.

What are your plans for dive log display, summaries, and reports?

Have you ever seen or used Scubase?

I agree completely about the data entry. I have included a function to set your default diving parameters as well as gear sets. Once you have created a gear set you will only need to choose it and not all aspects of the gear you dove.

Other field has been added Location Type.

Entry access types added as well.

All the data is stored in a db, I can report on any data point. I am building a way for the user to determine what reports they need and to run them. Dive views will be a summary of the add a dive page in a datagrid with edit and detail view options.

like the auto update idea! as for every software (i am still to stupid to program, but as a user i have ideas all the time :)) it is a work in progress. you will get many requests to add this or that, some will make sense in general, some not at all and some just for a little fraction of users. i admire your efforts (and ability to do it) and hope you keep it up! as for adding stuff, get it running in base version, see what people are really asking for repeatedly and try to add it. it will grow and become more complex ;( and better i guess :). i can see requests to make computer downloads importable (good luck there LOL), modules for instructors teaching and tekkies.... there is poss a lot more you will hear!

Looks promising, although I'm in a hurry and haven't looked too deeply yet.

Most important for me is to be able to run on my Palm (Treo) and import, via IR, from my Uwatec computer. If it can do that, and then sync it to a companion app on my mac or PC, then I'm sold. Currently I can do that with the software provided by scubapro/uwatec, but it leaves a little something to be desired in the interface and usability dept. And I have yet to figure out the printing options for hard copy prints... (It would also be good to be able to pull the info from the computer directly into the mac/pc, should the treo interim step not be available for whatever reason.)

Incidentally, I see you're using .NET, I assume since you had a stated wish for a cross-platform product, the HTML exported pages would work quite happily on a server NOT running .NET extensions if you wanted to host it yourself on a linux box or a Mac? (think apache) Hopefully with no loss of functionality beyond losing the community database aspects?

CompuDude:
Looks promising, although I'm in a hurry and haven't looked too deeply yet.

Most important for me is to be able to run on my Palm (Treo) and import, via IR, from my Uwatec computer. If it can do that, and then sync it to a companion app on my mac or PC, then I'm sold. Currently I can do that with the software provided by scubapro/uwatec, but it leaves a little something to be desired in the interface and usability dept. And I have yet to figure out the printing options for hard copy prints... (It would also be good to be able to pull the info from the computer directly into the mac/pc, should the treo interim step not be available for whatever reason.)

Incidentally, I see you're using .NET, I assume since you had a stated wish for a cross-platform product, the HTML exported pages would work quite happily on a server NOT running .NET extensions if you wanted to host it yourself on a linux box or a Mac? (think apache) Hopefully with no loss of functionality beyond losing the community database aspects?

I host exclusively now on Micrsoft. However the application to work with the server will be crossplatform compatible.

Interesting but it's pretty limited without importing or reading from a dive computer. I'd be interested in max depth, avg depth, temp, and then what my ascent curve looked like.

Ok, thats awesome. You bet I'd use it!

I'm also working on a dive log. Although it's been on the back shelf for awhile. 1 thing several people mentioned is that they wanted their computer to download into the software. I have an oceanic, and I talked to their programming manager. He told me that their software will create an export, which I could import, but they wouldn't give me the parameters to read directly from the computer. I'll bet you'll have the same problem with other computer vendors.

Back
Top Bottom