FreePlanner for Mac Beta Released Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Initial alpha testing of the Mac release of FreePlanner is complete and the application is now stable enough for a general beta release.

The beta is available via this link: freeplanner - go ahead. evolve.

The web site will be growing rapidly over the coming weeks, so make sure to visit often.

Thanks.

P.S. The Windows version of FreePlanner is now in alpha testing, right on schedule!

It doesn't work on my G5. I assume Intel based Macs only?

Looks good... download it now.

Will post follow-up soon.

Dave

That's better... Thanks.

There are new releases of FreePlanner at www.freeplanner.org.

I have fixed most of the reported issues.

There is some basic functionality differences. There is a new Multi-Level checkbox on the main window. When this checkbox is clicked, each click of the dive button creates an additional segment from the depth and time fields. When the Multi-Level checkbox is not checked, clicking the dive button replaces the active dive with a square profile based upon what's in the depth and time fields.

Using the new feature allows the quick creation of dives for comparison purposes - this was the number one requested feature.

Metric/Imperial has been cleaned up.

A couple of issues:

FreePlanner does not support OS X version 10.5 or Windows Vista. A lot of people have had issues with those two platforms. Save yourself some frustration if you're running those platforms and want FreePlanner - I will support those platforms later but not right now. Less than 5% of the total hits on the FreePlanner website were either 10.5 or Vista. Most of the operating systems were 10.4 and XP, split about 50/50.

Also, the Windows install sometimes does not create the menu entry correctly so that when FreePlanner is run, it doesn't generate decompression schedules. There are instructions on www.freeplanner.org on how to fix this.

One last caveat - make sure that FreePlanner is installed in the correct directory - installation into the wrong directory will prevent FreePlanner from operating correctly.

There is a user manual in the works and table generation in addition to bug fixes will be included in the next release.

Here are the current requested features:

Range based deco gas selection - input own mods
Add Gradient Factor
Consolidate Gas Management
Blending Window
Contingency Planning - longer, deeper, no deco
Rock Bottom Calculation
Remember window position
surface interval input in days, hours and minutes
Custom deco algorithms
Clean up multiple dive report
Travel Gas
Ability to toggle series on and off on the charts

These features will be added ASAP.

I want to say thank you to everyone who's helped out with the testing so far. I couldn't have gotten this much done alone so quickly and it has been a real pleasure so far working with everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom