Friday Dec. 23rd Dive or Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster:
Hey Kevin,
I was wondering why my air was off when I went in for this dive. I was looking thru the pictures and found the evidence!:D

Um, ah, yeah, um, that is a little trick I learned to help people improve their SAC rate... :lol2:

Rick, you breath like a fish,,, so, it wasn't really an issue... :bfish:

I think the right thing to do would be to call this dive off. As much as it hurts to say that. I called wth and he says he went to Marineland today. It was crazy out there. The surf alert was also extended to 3:00PM tomorrow. I am just going to sit here and wish I was diving, instead of going all the way down there and not dive anyway.

PS - Nice avitar Kevin

Rickster:
I think the right thing to do would be to call this dive off.
Veterans' Park was ugly and junky this afternoon, with 3 foot surgy storm waves packed tightly together. A deep, dark fog bank completed the picture of DISMAL.

That said, I will be standing at Vets in the morning around sunrise (7 ish) and gazing out to sea while sipping hot, strong, black coffee. Life doesn't suck so bad, does it?

If a miracle has occured, I'll call you, Rick.

The Malibu dive/surf report tonight states that even 'bu is getting slammed with 2'-4', 5 foot vis and hazardous beach-entry conditions. At least one can be obstinately snorkle-free while getting chewed up in the surf. Freedom rules!

Might be time to go kayaking from King Harbor hand-launch entry, or body-boarding if I can find some fun shape.

First break in the conditions: We dive!!
Cheers, all!
Claudette

MaxBottomtime:
Mother Nature must know when I have four day weekends. :(
Oh, stop blaming your troubles on the womenfolk!!! It's just a little surf...:05:

(Just kidding... I'm sympathetic. It sucks. Wanna go kayaking?)

wetrat:
I hear that. I've had this whole week. :banghead:
I took off almost the entire month of January '05 off. Funny that we had the second wettest Winter on record in SoCal.
icon8.gif

Back
Top Bottom