Friggen Ikelite. Ike-Friggen-Lite. Unreal Customer Service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I start shooting a D70 about a year and a half ago. A few weeks ago, I finally house the thing up. Get the Ike housing, strobes, ports, arms, the whole 9. Ryan rocks. Kyle rocks. Everyone I've talked to in this whole process as I move back into UW shooting has been amazingly helpful.

So after dive number 4 with the rig, one of my strobes goes on the fritz. The modeling light is intermittent. No biggie, except on a night dive. So I get into the thing to check the modeling bulb, and to make a long and embarrassing story a short embarrassing story - I booger up both strobes.

I'm off to Kona on 12/22 - and I have a series of dives scheduled this weekend and next so I can TRY to move from "OMG my pics suck" to something closer to "my pics kinda suck." Now I'm FEAKING OUT. I'm sure I'll get them back for the Kona trip, but confident I'll be strobless for all of my scheduled practice dives before the trip....

In steps Ikelite customer service.

I write a confession letter. Telling them I blew it, I'm a moron, but I'm in trouble - can I get these back for Kona, and can I possibly get these back for my practice trips? (it was me begging in the letter.. pretty sad actually.) These incredible people turned my steobes around in 8 days (counting the 3 day UPS).

8 days from date of receipt, I had them back in my hands.

Are you kidding me?

Everyone, and I do mean everyone I spoke to at Ike - from the people who answered the phone, to the tech people - we're all the sweetest, kindest people ever. They all came to know me (as I kept calling...) and assured me I'd have it back for my Kona trip. But when they called and told me last Friday that they were shipping, and I'd have them back on Wednesday... well, I was just completely speechless.

I can't say enough great things about Ikelite and their true secret weapon: Their people. I mean, wow. I actually have a chance to get a grip with this rig before my trip, and (hopefully) bring home some amazing pictures of our once-in-a-lifetime vacation in Hawaii.

Ikelite, you guys are the best. You have me as a customer for life.

---
Ken

ken? not in whine & cheeze? nah, can't be.

pod-man who has taken over ken's body - begone!!

(glad to hear about your good experience. have a great time on vaca. drink tomato juice on the plane.)

This is really good to know because I have been hesitant to send in my DS-125 strobe. Shortly after I started diving with it the modeling light went out...guess I better send it off. Sooner I do, the quicker I get it back.
Thanks and have a great trip.
Kirsten

I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Ikelite's customer service. The one time I had to deal with them, they went above and beyond the call of duty and fixed my DS-125. Great company to deal with!

Dave Bush
Titusville, FL

Modeling light bulb is easy for owner to change if you want to check owners manual. Seems strange to send us the strobe rather than simply unscrewing the mounting stem and dropping in a new bulb. We are checking on a longer lasting bulb which may be available about end of January............

I emailed Ikelite and they said to ship it back to get it repaired...the DS-125 modeling light...it might be an easy owner change but I would still worry about leaking...
So, should I wait until Jan? for the new bulbs?
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom