From Ginnie Springs back to Missouri (elevation?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vapovick

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I am leaving on a trip very soon. and was curious if we dive at Ginnie Springs (no deco dives) can we drive right after and head up thru georgia? should I be concerned about DCS ?

Thanks very much...

You should be fine... You are well within the safety limits.

First off, it will take you I'd guess 16-18 hours to drive back, if you drove straight through. Going back through Alabama/Georgia and Tennessee, Kentucky, etc, the max altitude you'll be at is about 1000 ft. Maybe 1500 feet max, but I'm willing to bet under 1000. Most of your trip will be under 700 feet for exmaple.

For example... Airport elevations in these towns.
High Springs FL 90ft
Macon GA 354ft
Atlanta 1026ft
Chattanooga 683ft
Nasvhille 599ft
Ft Campbell 573ft
St Louis 605 ft

i just moved west central fl tampa area its a 12 hour drive from tampa to kentucky georgia is 6 hours or less depending on your driver i would nt worry about it if your not going in to deco dive

Hello readers:

There is no problem with this activity. Whenever the auto trip results in a slow climb in elevation, offgassing will occur in a timely fashion.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Thanks everyone, Made it back safe and had a blast....I put some pics up soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom