From Singapore to Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO: The best months are sep, oct, nov, the water is still warm then, but the air temp is cooling down.

I'll never forget being in Dahab in August rinsing my gear, putting it out to dry, and having it TOTALLY dry in less than 30 min. I was afraid the plastic parts of the BC will melt :)

When would be the worse time to go? I am also curious about which time of the year when there is least amount of tourists going to Dahab for diving?

What about the seasons in Dahab?

The quietest times are Jan - mid March, as RSS posted above.

There are 2 seasons in Dahab, summer is April - October, winter is November - March. In the winter the Egyptians wear thick coats and wooly hats, and the dive guides wear thick wetsuits or drysuits and complain about the cold. We tourists wear shorts and t-shirts, and top up our suntans in the surface interval.

In the summer it's really hot

:)

If you've not been yet then perhaps you might find this useful. In terms of cash Eur and LE are preferred. But for LE make sure you've got small change if you plan on spending it. I found that bit a little frustrating as people hardly ever came back with change.

How much did you guys spend in a week there?

I don't know if you are still interested. But you should ask more precise questions. Someone can spend 7 nights in basic 3* hotel for US$200 with breakfast + $150 for 5 days / 10 dives package. While someone else can spend US$1000 in Hilton Dahab for the same period with breakfast while staying in Suite for instance + US$300 for 5 days / 10 dives package at Sinai Divers based in Hilton.

So it really depends on your needs, expectations and budget.

Back
Top Bottom