fs: Halcyon 10 watt Cannister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've had this light for 4 years, and rarely used it - bulb and battery have both been replaced a few months ago only 2 dives since then (broke the old bulb and battery was not holding a charge - all good now)

Never been flooded and is in very good condition.

This is a Halcyon Proteus 3 with adjustable beam, lead acid battery (can be found online for less than $20 after shipping) so it is easy to have two or three spare batteries. Burn time is rated at 120 minutes by Halcyon, I played it conservatively and never used it for more than 100 minutes. Includes everything in the picture, except the table cloth

$400 with Free shipping via Priority mail to any of the 50 states - US sales only - please don't ask if out of the country.

Photo here:
Halcyon 10 Watt Cannister Light - eBay (item 280318618215 end time Mar-09-09 18:50:19 PDT)

Aloha, Tim

I've had this light for 4 years, and rarely used it - bulb and battery have both been replaced a few months ago only 2 dives since then (broke the old bulb and battery was not holding a charge - all good now)

Never been flooded and is in very good condition.

This is a Halcyon Proteus 3 with adjustable beam, lead acid battery (can be found online for less than $20 after shipping) so it is easy to have two or three spare batteries. Burn time is rated at 120 minutes by Halcyon, I played it conservatively and never used it for more than 100 minutes. Includes everything in the picture, except the table cloth

$400 with Free shipping via Priority mail to any of the 50 states - US sales only - please don't ask if out of the country.

Photo here:
Halcyon 10 Watt Cannister Light - eBay (item 280318618215 end time Mar-09-09 18:50:19 PDT)

Aloha, Tim

I guess Im out of luck then being from Canada, Ive never been able to understand what the problem is with shipping stuff to Canada. Cant you just wrap it up ,put a Canadian address on it and ship it? not hard to do and the Canadian buyer can pay whatever small additional cost is involved. Thanks

What diameter is the canister?

$400 seems like a pretty good deal considering a brand new battery and bulb.

May I ask where you got that battery? It looks after market and that may be a VERY GOOD thing.

Cannister is approximately 4 inches - not exact, but close - The battery is aftermarket, but a bit smaller capacity than the original - 2.2 Amp hour vs. 2.4 Amp hour I believe.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Shipping things between Hawaii and Canada even via "Priority" mail can wind up taking 6 weeks ... way too long and too many bad things can happen during shipping ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom