Ft Laud Producer/Editor looking for videographers and possibly others for projects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So tropicaledit and I were talking last night, and we have decided to try to meet this weekend. We are going to try to put together all the pieces needed for a weekly Scuba TV show.

This will have to start on a tiny budget, with the understanding that the people involved will get their rewards down the line, as the budget increases along with the sponsor involvment. We will be looking for people that are willing to work on that basis, ie: for fun, credits, and the promise of income further down the road.

We will hammer out the budget numbers, marketing and sponsorship, and the format and look/feel, the personnel/talent that we need, etc....

In the meantime, with the above conditions in mind regarding pay and budget, does anyone in South Florida want to jump in to the following?:
Camera Operator/Videographer
Sound
Lighting
On Screen Host (Male and Female)
Sales

This would be a project that would start more from the love than from the money!

Once we get it started, we are then going to meet with some production companies, that already have somewhat similar shows out there, to see about possible directions to take the show.

I'm curious. Where would a local scuba show air? Channel 17? I think is a great idea.

Hello. Im an underwater Videographer, still training, everyday you learn something new. Im interested in your plan. To be honest I was planning something like that with my buddies. Well I you guys want, please contact me.

Jose

Hey TropicalEdit, Where about do you normally work? And what type of system are you running. I can also do real time encoding/capturing from/to just about everything

VHS/DVD/Digibeta/Beta Sp/Hi8/MiniDV/DV cam/Uncompressed Avi and QT, Mpeg, WMV, MP4...etc.

I'd be intresting in helping out, Mostly I would love to get my hands on some footage to play around with. I'm Learing Avid/Smoke now and I am always looking for footage.

J.

JHO007:
Hey TropicalEdit, Where about do you normally work? And what type of system are you running. I can also do real time encoding/capturing from/to just about everything

VHS/DVD/Digibeta/Beta Sp/Hi8/MiniDV/DV cam/Uncompressed Avi and QT, Mpeg, WMV, MP4...etc.

I'd be intresting in helping out, Mostly I would love to get my hands on some footage to play around with. I'm Learing Avid/Smoke now and I am always looking for footage.

J.

Hey J. I've been on Smoke/Fire for the last 5 years. Won't use Avid anymore, FCP 5 is my second choice. Where are you located ?

Hey - yawl get things worked out yet? Need a host still? I'm game to drive over to that side to do work that makes a difference for diving. :)

I'll be the host if it includes a hot female diver as my co-host and around my age group
lol

If possible, I would like to just be there to experience the set and maybe be part of the diving hehe

I'm in Coconut grove at MTM(used to be post edge). I would really just like the footage to play around with. And if i can help out in any way I'd be happy to do that too :)

J.

JHO007:
I'm in Coconut grove at MTM(used to be post edge). I would really just like the footage to play around with. And if i can help out in any way I'd be happy to do that too :)

J.

J. I take it yout an assistant over there, youre doing the right thing. I heard John is a good editor, if ya can learn from him. Bob ?

You nailed it. John is a great editor with so much info it makes my head hurt :p And Bob is the GM, His son and I have been good friends for years. I knew him before I started over here, and have nothing but good things to say about both of them.

But anyway, let me know if there is anything you guys need done, and i'll see what i can do.

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom