Ft. Myers Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speedo! Did someone say speedo?! Grapes and speedo? Thats just weird!

May diving should be good. Temps are starting to warm up then and my recollection of may boating is that its usually calm days. The later in May, the more likey we are to have an afternoon rain though since June starts the rainy season.

THAT being said, I should be back in the water by then and hopefully doing a little pelagic gathering as well. There are a LOT of great dive sites and some ledges here off SWFL that Brian and I are exploring one dive at a time. If you want to join in or get a trip set up then, check in with us a few weeks before your trip down and we'll start working on setting up for it!

Nova, have you been out to the edison reef? If so, how was it? I've heard its pretty sweet out there on a good weather day.

We have been to part of it I do Believe or maybe it was Marker "H", either way it was nice a awsome dive lots of fish the first two times and the third well they hid, Vis was hit and miss but overall about 20 foot. Was mating season for the sea creatures and that always makes for poor vis but was good.

Cbulla if I am wrong correct me. but gently LOL

JustJoe:
I have already told you that I won't wear the speedo that you make CBulla wear as first mate. And I won't feed you grapes like he does either. :eyebrow:

Cathy, drop a note closer to the trip and I am sure that there would be a group ready to dive with you.

Joe

Joe you won't have to worry about the Grapes, but the speedo is mandatory as first mate LOL just kidding No speedos allowed on boat unless you wanna be chum. :eyebrow:

Thanks dude. Know of any good spots around Sanibel or Ft. Myers for shore diving?

Sanibel/Ft Myers are a no-go for shore diving if your looking for reefs and other spectacles. At 100' off shore you in 8-10 feet of water and if your in a good place, your over some grass with critters in it.

NOW, if you are brave and an experienced diver, you can dive the phosphate docks near Boca Grande, there is also a small reef out off of the light house at Boca Grande. Other than that, your looking at Venice Beach as your closest shore dive (64m north).

Walter:
Boca Grande is a closer shore dive and Vanderbilt Beach closer yet.

There is a dive at Vanderbilt Beach? Please elaborate.

I have dove Edison Reef a few times and have enjoyed it a ton. The vis really depends on the tide. If it is dry for a few days and you hit it near high tide the vis can be really good. the concrete is piled all over the place so there are actual "swim-thru" if you want to call them that. We usually seen a ton of critters including many Goliath Groupers.

You couldnt get me in the water at Boca Grande Pass. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Bulls and Hammerheads munchin' on the tarpon.

I will not dive near Boca Grande Pass. I have seen many many sharks there, and that in itself is not too bad. The ugly part is the fisherman. I fish there and don't want to be anywhere near some of those yahoo's.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom