Fukushima

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Read that...frightening indeed. We are so effed. Gonna be a great world for our grandkids!

The responsible tact to take is to not have grandkids.

Chemicals, waste, untreated water, fertilizers, other stuff that gets dumped into rivers and oceans,... It all ends up in there. It's not just this.

Fukushima does concern me as I live in Tokyo but it doesn't worry me that much. We all get exposed to natural and minimum levels of man-made radiation levels everyday. Our bodies have ways to deal with it. People expose themselves to high levels of radiation everyday: x-rays or taking an airplane. Etc...
Don't get me wrong, there is a real risk with the plant in Fukushima and it's lie to believe everything is under control.
But I feel the most sympathy for the people living in Fukushima prefecture as they get much higher levels of exposure with no or little (financial) way of escaping as no one will help them.

My point is: pollution and radiation is everywhere. Get informed, live a healthy life, help support our environment and don't get stressed. I think smoking and obesity will kill people in developed countries more likely then this crisis. Have a look at those numbers.

Now excuse me while I finish my sushi.

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2013 at 05:57 PM ----------

There was the Rocketdyne meltdown just near where you live so maybe there is hope your grandkids will survive this.

I'm in Santa Paula, ...I am about the same distance from the Santa Susanas as you are. I dont have kids, but friends in Simi do. Look around and you can read about the statistical anomalies of cancer rates in Simi Valley, particularly the area known as The Knolls (immediately "down stream" of the Rocketdyne facility via Black Canyon).

Sodium Reactor Experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Granted, the effects of toxic waste dumped at the facility may actually be worse than the effects related to the melt-down...

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2013 at 05:58 PM ----------

BBC News - Fukushima radiation levels '18 times higher' than thought

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom