Full Face Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an Exo 26 that I have converted to the standard configuration by installing the nose block and Oral nasal. Some things to know about diving with the Exo.

1 It weighs about 4 and 1\2 pounds more if you have comms in it not much. Most of the weight is the second stage and the glass lens in the mask.

2. Depending on how you have it configured, if you are using the defog tube in the mask you will use more air. As a standard mask with the oral nasal you will need a commerical defog or you will not be able to see very much. The air flow can be adjusted all the down to demand and as such would be slightly higher than a regulator.

3. I have never dove the Aga but it is a very good mask. Light weigh, auto defog and very popular with community based dive depts. as it simular with the Interspiro masks that the fire depts use. It almost all plastic and mask lens scratches very easily. Not as robust as the exo.

Most of the people that I know that are diving the Exo are doing so surface supplied. As such not overly worried about air consumption.

I do find that when I'm diving the Exo on Scuba that I add a couple of pounds to my gear to compensate for the increased air space around my face.

There is a very important thing that you should know about FFM's and comms. If you do not have waterproof comms in your mask and you bail out of it at depth you will destroy them. Replacement mics for an Aga are over 50$ US. the Exo ones are not any cheaper. If your sure check before you dive and save yourselve some money.

They are a very nice piece of gear but not for everybody. They require training and practice. I know that you can buddy breath with an Exo did it once in a pool, boy did that go through a lot of air.

Just adding my two bits

SeaQuest

Back
Top Bottom