Fundamentals at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakpix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have arranged a GUE Fundamentals in Houston, Texas in the Texas Medical Center. The cost is $699 per person, which includes tuition, expenses, and a catered lunch. A limited amount of loaner equipment is available. We will meet 08:00 on Friday, 19 July 2013 at

UTHealth Recreation Center
7779 Knight Road
Houston TX 77054

There are three spots left! For more information and application information, see http://www.globalunderwaterexplorers.org/class-schedule/class-details&cid=7401

I believe this is a unique opportunity for Texas divers to experience this kind of training at an affordable cost. The price includes the instructors fee, instructor's expenses, students's expenses (including pool time, doubles, fills, and entrance fees), and lunch. A similar course in San Marcos, Texas in 2011 had the following cost breakdown:

Instructors fee: $650
Instructors expenses: $200
Student expenses: $150

Even though the total was $1000, it could have been much higher if fewer students had registered. I believe that by reducing the uncertainty in cost, we are able to attract a much wider audience which might not tolerate the risks of piecemeal pricing.

Yeah I would have been very interested but it is a bit short notice for me.

Kind of steep $$$-wise for fundamentals.

I normally see Fundies go for about $1000 for the classes I glimpsed.

I've heard from one person interested in moving the class to Labor Day weekend. This is a good option. If anyone else in Houston is interested in taking GUE Fundamentals over Labor Day (August 31 - September 2) weekend, please contact me directly at the following address

Screenshot from 2013-07-09 12:54:04.png

well worth it. I paid $800 for Fundamentals (without lunch lol) and to date is has been the most worthwhile scuba class I have ever taken.

It's well worth it. I just took a class where Evan was the intern and while his jokes weren't that good, I wouldn't hesitate to take a class with him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom