Funjet rep at Park Royal is Rude, Disrespectful and Abusive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqweezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Juan Vivas the rep at Park Royal insulted my wife, and myself on his way to ruining .5 days of our 5 day trip...luckily the dive made up for his assinine behavior.

on another note. bubbles dive op, Julio and Alberta were two of the best people we have had the pleasure of meeting

Odd. I don't envy their jobs, nor those of the time share pushers, but I always thot those reps were probly courteous even tho not really doing much. What did he do...? :confused:

you are correct. I have been on 6 funjet trips and the previous five the reps have gone out of thier way to take care of us. again, the hotel was great, the dives were great. it was just the last 3 hours that ruined a great week

here is the entire incident....as short as possible.

Juan Vivas the rep at Park Royal insulted my wife, and myself on his way to ruining .5 days of our 5 day trip...luckily the dive made up for his asinine behavior.

to make a short story longer..the wife and I were on an all inclusive funjet Vacation to Cozumel..Started out booked with Suncountry to stay at the Iberostar... we jumped through all the hoops to keep our trip while everyone else canceled due to the "swine flue????" Funjet rep out of Milwaukee went out of his way to help up reschedule to Park Royal via Continental airlines...Get to the Park Royal and we get the tour of the site from the hotel. He takes us to the Funjet booth to get our travel vouchers for the trip back to the airport.. nobody at the booth. Remember we are 2 of maybe 10 guest in the place..the hotel guy says not to worry, just stop at the front desk before you leave to get our ride to the airport.
3 hours roughly later after several trips to the swim up bar we get a call to our room in broken english telling us to pick up a voucher at the front before we leave...great.
next day. we stop at the front desk on our way to town, again asking what we need to do about transportation to the airport for departure, again the Park Royal clerk tells us "just call the desk before you leave and it will be taken care of.
4 great days later "other than the barracuda timeshare folks" we are ready to leave for our 12:25 flight out.
it's 8:00am and I leave to take the rental car back. while I am gone my wife calls the front desk to arrange for the ride to the airport. Clerk says Funjet rep is not in yet but he will get in contact with her. 9am Funjet rep calls my wife at the room and tells my wife that she does not have a voucher do get to the airport. my wife asks about the voucher, first, the Juan Vivas from Funjet tells my wife that she should have been given a voucher when she got off the plane. My wife tells him that nobody from funjet met us at the airport with any paperwork. he then says that he hands out the vouchers to the new arrivals during check in. she explains that she did not get anything other than Park Royal activity paperwork when she checked in. He said she should have come to the Funjet booth at check in to get the voucher (remember the Park Royal staff took us to the EMPTY booth at around 2:00pm) my wife does not remember this, and I am still in town returning the rental. My wife asks what we can do and Juan tells her that he called the room the same day we arrived and told us to come get the voucher, now, it is too late and you need to find your own way to the airport. My wife asks if she can bring her Funjet Itinerary to the booth with her identification to see if there is a way to work this out. Juan says to my wife " I can't help you now, you should have come to the front when I called you the first day, now you can take the Taxi."

I get back to the room and the wife is crying like we just lost our first born..I ask her whats the problem and she said the front desk guy told her that "she needed to find her own way to the airport." I dug deeper and got the whole story, so of course I headed to the Funjet booth. A time share guy was at the booth, but no Juan. "He is up front" the guy told me. I go up front, and there is Juan Vivas talking with a couple of the lady timeshare reps. I asked if he was Juan (of course he was not wearing a badge) he said "yes". I told him my name and asked him if he had just spoken with my wife. He said he had. I told him that she was upset with the way he spoke to her and I asked him to go to the Funjet booth and we would discuss this in private. He said "I will be there in a minute"
7 minutes later I am sitting at the Funjet Booth while 2 other timeshare folks solicit me when Juan shows up. "Whats the problem Mr Swesey" I said the problem is " we dont have a ride to the airport and I do not appreciate the way you spoke to my wife" he told me "I told Mrs. Swesey several times that there was nothing I could do since she did not check in when she was supposed to. "I told him that he was not speaking to my wife now, he was speaking me, and that he had better speak to me in the same respectful manner that I had spoken to him"

his reply: OR WHAT?

i think that right there says it all. of course I told him that she was not aware of the fact that WE HAD actually come to his Funjet Booth at check in under the guidance of the hotel, only to find the same vacancy that I had just found. I also told him that my wife deserved an apology for his rudeness

his reply: I PROBABLY NEVER SEE YOU OR YOUR WIFE AGAIN?

are you kidding me? either this guy was having a bad day or he was just born an arss, obviously I am in Mexico and not in Texas or the communication would have ended here. I asked him if Funjet would aprove of his behavior.

his reply: ASK THEM

I asked for his name and he ignored me. I asked the activity guy next to him and he ignored me. I went to the front desk and the clerk said his name was Juan.
My wife shows up to the desk so that we can get a cab and guess who shows up? Juan. I am thinking maybe it was a misunderstanding and he is coming to take care of us....hell no, instead he gathers with the same timeshare girls and starts laughing and looking our way. obviously I have no idea what was said so I will not speculate. I get a pen from the front desk and ask the clerk what JuanÃÔ last name is. of course the clerk doesnÃÕ know? I go to Juan and told him to give me his name. He says you know it's Juan. I said the last name and hand him the pen and paper. he hands it back to me and says "BEBAS" as it turns out it was Juan Vivas from what another clerk helped me with. I am still not certain on the name.

Luckily Funjet has helped us with 6 other trips so I will not let this one occasion speak for the entire operation. I filled out the vacation review they sent me when we got back and I will see how they respond....this was the Park Royal Cozumel over Memorial Weekend."[/

You should write a letter of complaint to Funjet directly.

I understand your feelings. Got to wonder why the hell it vouchers were not furnished to you. Have you filed a complaint with Funjet and requested refund of taxi fares since the transportation was included in your package at greatly increased prices? From looking at their site, doesn't look like you have an option to not include those like you do on other sites.

Next time you go to book with Funjet, compare the same air & hotel package on Sidestep.com and Orbitz, uncheck that inflated fee. Might save you a few hundred dollars anyway. A quick check of DFW-CZM with Funjet for 7/8-15 and Park Royale is $1859 for two, but on Orbitz only $1584 after removing $56 transportation package, $1384 with the $200 Orbitz coupon code currently offered.

the fare is not the issue at all. Funjet has taken care of us in the past. it was the one employee and obviously the since of helplesness that my wife felt.

Did I miss where he insulted your wife?
We do have but one version of the story, true, and some of that is second hand - but it does clearly sound like the rep was worthless in his responsibility, rude to the wife which by nature is insulting, and just might have sold the vouchers supplied. Funjet supplies the vouchers; what did he do with them that he could not deliver them on the last day.

Unfortunately there are many stories like this, because the morons who wear the white pants, white ties and turquoise shirts, are generally a buch of lying, cheating, sob's. The company in question is not Funjet, it's called Lomas Travel, and they are hired by Funjet to run the ground transportation part of the Funjet package. Things is that Lomas does the ground transportation for next to nothing, in order to get access to you to sell you 3rd party tours, so if you don't "go see them the first day" then they did not make any money on you, and thus give you a hard time about the transfers, this racket has been going on for years, I personally waged war on them for 8 years at El Cozumeleño, and believe it or not I got every single Lomas guy (and their manager) FIRED at the end of 2007, by proving to the owner of Lomas that their staff had been stealing from them for years. Of course Lomas just hired another bunch of people who do exactly the same, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO unfair that visitors have to put up with this BS, just because of the transfers...

Here's a report on similar situations with these idiots:

EL_COz_Funjet_rep

As it says on one of those threads, you should go to the Funjet website and look for the After Trip Comments form, but I want to do you one better, I suggest you email the OWNER of Lomas Travel, Dolores Lopez Lira, and tell her about Juan and his BS: dll@lomas-travel.com

FYI they HAVE to provide you with the voucher to the airport, wether you get it on the first day or not, if they get you to pay your won taxi back to the airport, Funjet still pays them for the transfer (that's your money by the way), but this way the guy pockets the money himself.... bastaaads...

I am not doubting the guy was a turd, I've chewed up a couple of these clowns myself, but the OP said that guy insulted his wife and was abusive. Believe me, if a guy insulted my wife I would be doing an impression of "Midnight Express" somewhere in a terrible Mexican jail right now, so I was looking for the insult and the abuse in his post to justify a beat down. I just didn't see it. It is tragic that your wife felt so helpless after his call, there is no reason for her to have been made to feel that way. Taxis are plentiful and there was likely no basis for her to feel that you wouldn't make your flight.

Again, I'm not defending this guy, I just think "insulting" and "abusive" might be a bit much. Rude, condescending, unprofessional, complete jerk, fits the story better.

Sounds like the typical slimy scam that many (not all) of the timeshare sort play on newbies. Unfortunately it might be even worse now that the tourism economy has been so hard hit there.

Good job Antonio, I love to hear about guys like you that get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom