Funjets Cancels Charter Flight into Coz till Oct 1 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere:
One suggestion for the future would be trip cancellation insurance, esp. in the Caribbean during hurricane season.

Such a thing does not exist! There is no trip cancellation out there that will cover such "acts of God". Trip cancellation insurance usually extends to the limit of getting sick or dying.

See? Travellers get the short end of the stick either way!

The DAN trip insurance will indeed cover you for weather related delays and cancelations. But the insurance only covers the non-refundable portion, so in this case, with Funjet refunding the fare, no insurance was necessary. I can't speak for any other insurance.

The funjet flights from Chicago always are cut back in sept. and oct. I've been going to Coz in sept for 10 years and never did funjet have a charter in sept or oct. The charters to Cancun are also cut back. This has always happened. The United flights that started last year it was announced at the start that no service to Coz from Chicago during sept or oct so don't complain about that.
During sept and oct funjet has charters wed and sat to cancun and daily flights out of midway via ATA to cancun, nothing to Coz.

If everybody is put out you must remember that you opted for the charters in the first place and are at there mercy many charter companies have gone under leaving passengers stranded with no way out. Be glad funjet is offering options and you are just out your vacation days not the $$$$$$$. Be glad that The operaters like Raul at www.bottomtimedivers.net Christi at www.bluextseadiving.com and Michaela at www.liquidbluedivers.com have refunded or credited all that money everyone had payed for diving. They are the ones that are really losing their income and it will never be made up. In my book they are the three top operaters to do buisness with. They always go the extra mile for us.

I'm going down funjet to Cancun 9/17 from Chicago $292.70 air only then $7 bus $18rt ferry. Only 3 extra hours travel time its not a big deal, after all I will get to dive.

loudives:
The United flights that started last year it was announced at the start that no service to Coz from Chicago during sept or oct so don't complain about that.
I'm complaining about the flights they had on their website for August... at least they did up until a few days ago. Whatever - I'm lucky, I have lot's of options to get down there... not everyone is so lucky.
loudives:
I'm going down funjet to Cancun 9/17 from Chicago $292.70 air only then $7 bus $18rt ferry. Only 3 extra hours travel time its not a big deal, after all I will get to dive.
To each his own, I'll be taking American or Continental and flying direct into Coz. It's worth the extra $100 (to me) to avoid Cancun & the ferry.

What was the reason they stopped the puddle jumpers? Now would be a perfect time to start them up again.

It might be worth the extra $ but you have to make a connection in Houston or Dallas. I would rather take a non-stop to cancun than trust an on time departure from chicago and not make the connecting flight. It has happend to me so often-- once was an overnite in Houston and I missed a day of diving. Another was 5hrs in Dallas and don't even think of Miami its the worst.

Back
Top Bottom