Funny if it wasn't so terrible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm sorry but if you get tangled on the "DSMB line on the way up", you're not on my list of divers i will "trust when things go south", that is a basic skill
same as not hitting the bottom with a clunk and touching things

as for the "other guy" you dive with, no thanks, i'll stick to my dive buddy lol

All I'm really saying is that these are people who don't panic when things go wrong. I like people like that better than people who are concentrating on how they look. Would I deliberately go into deco on an al80? Nope. Don't want to go into deco on 2 al80's. But that guy and his family do....over and over.....day after day, year after year. When the fan is hit, guys like that are good to have with you.

Trim and bouyancy isn't about "looking good"...it's about being in control.

The folks in that video are flat out incompetent...even the nice posters her will agree with that. Not being in control of bouyancy is dangerous, especially on rebreather. Don't defend idiots, unless you have already joined their ranks.

All I'm really saying is that these are people who don't panic when things go wrong. I like people like that better than people who are concentrating on how they look. Would I deliberately go into deco on an al80? Nope. Don't want to go into deco on 2 al80's. But that guy and his family do....over and over.....day after day, year after year. When the fan is hit, guys like that are good to have with you.

Amen to that brother. You have to rely on your self, if not you shouldn't be in the water.

Bill
dead dog

Lets see...

8k Rebreather...CHECK
6k DSLR rig... CHECK
3K Drysuit... CHECK

$79 Oceanic Octo at 130' as a fail safe..... CHECK CHECK

The unmitigated ability to damage, destroy, violate, harass, and show SCUBA in it's worst possible light...

PRICELESS...

Sighs..some things just can't be unseen.

i'm sorry but if you get tangled on the "DSMB line on the way up", you're not on my list of divers i will "trust when things go south", that is a basic skill
same as not hitting the bottom with a clunk and touching things

as for the "other guy" you dive with, no thanks, i'll stick to my dive buddy lol

Trim and bouyancy isn't about "looking good"...it's about being in control.

The folks in that video are flat out incompetent...even the nice posters her will agree with that. Not being in control of bouyancy is dangerous, especially on rebreather. Don't defend idiots, unless you have already joined their ranks.

Wow.

I know it is an older thread, but had to comment.

Thanks Tom, good points. It is all about being in control, and when you are in control, you are relaxed you are calm and you are in the best position to react successfully if things go south.

It just so happens that the byproduct of good trim, buoyancy and being in control is that you "look good".

Oh my! I can't understand why you would ever post that video, much less as an advertisement!

I never saw one of them in anywhere near reasonable trim and stand on the reef?

It's almost too bad the Angel shark rodeo video is gone. Rusty took it down after multiple complaints, then after it was discovered that he uploaded it again he quickly removed it. Every diver was holding the pectorals of the fish and pretending to fly underwater. I don't mind if someone picks up a rock with a nudibranch on it to get a better view or grabs lobsters, but harassing animals just for kicks deserves a fin in the crotch strap.

REBREATHER DIVER TRAINING
ALL NEW SSI REBREATHER CERTIFICATION IT’S EASY
Dolphin PoseidonKISS PIC
SSI has introduced the all new Poseidon and KISS CCR Rebreather Programs….no need to be certified for scuba…..a new diver can be certified only to dive on the Poseidon MkVI rebreather. Imagine diving a practically automatic rebreather….it does most of it’s own system check….the diver can only add air or bail out onto scuba…It is lighter than your existing scuba system and easier to learn to dive with……
Or move into the KISS Rebreathers….for the more astute diver. This is a fully manual system that allows the diver to control the entire system without needing to depend on electronics underwater.

They might not know about trim since then weren't scuba divers to begin with

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom