FX100 BioDry sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanielC6

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks.

I'm looking at getting an FX100 drysuit. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and it's reasonably priced. Looking at the size chart, I think the ML is my size, except I'm well under the range for chest, waist, and weight. On the MD, I'm right at the upper range for length.

Just wondering with the WearForce material if it'd be better to go a little loose width-wise with the ML, or more taught lengthwise with the MD?

I'm
Weight: 155 lbs (MD:150-175, ML:170-195)
Height: 69.5" (MD:67-70, ML:69-72)
Chest: 35.5" (MD:37-40, ML:38-42)
Waist: 31" (MD:30-34, ML:32-36)
Hips: 39" (MD:35-39, ML:37-41)
Inseam: 31" (MD:28-30, ML:29-31)
SockSize: 9.5 (MD:7-9, ML:8-10)

Thanks!

Hi folks.

I'm looking at getting an FX100 drysuit. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and it's reasonably priced. Looking at the size chart, I think the ML is my size, except I'm well under the range for chest, waist, and weight. On the MD, I'm right at the upper range for length.

Just wondering with the WearForce material if it'd be better to go a little loose width-wise with the ML, or more taught lengthwise with the MD?

I'm

Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting. You are right on the border between the MD and ML sizing, this is because our chart only accounts for actual body measurements plus a light undergarment. If you are wearing a moderate to thick undergarment, you could be into the ML. How thick of undergarment will you be wearing?

Regards,

Hi folks.

I'm

Daniel
I have a medium
Inseam is 29
chest 43
waist 34
I am 5' 6"
hips 42
weight 185lbs
Shoe size 9
I have the 100 hollis undergarment in size medium. The undergarment is a little snug when I reach forward and a little constrictive when I reach down to touch my toes. I also ware a lava core top and bottom under the undergarment. This is about as thick as I can comfortably get and still fit in the drysuit. It will not fit with the 200 undergarment. There is plenty of room in the sock area though.

I also tried the large undergarment but because I am short the legs and arms are too long. I need an undergarment that is ML but did not see it offered by Hollis in that size.

I guess my conclusion is even with a larger chest and waist then yours I can still fit quite a bit of insulation. The AUG 100 with the lava core has kept me toasty in 43 degree water for up to 1 hour but I work outside all winter in cold Michigan weather. If I dive colder water I will need another drysuit to fit thicker insulation. I will probably have to get something custom because when I get the larger chest suits the lengths are too long.

Hope that helps

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be wearing a 200 gr undergarment for the winter. It sounds like the ML is the way to go here.

Hi folks.

I'm

Daniel
I have a medium
Inseam is 29
chest 43
waist 34
I am 5' 6"
hips 42
weight 185lbs
Shoe size 9
I have the 100 hollis undergarment in size medium. The undergarment is a little snug when I reach forward and a little constrictive when I reach down to touch my toes. I also ware a lava core top and bottom under the undergarment. This is about as thick as I can comfortably get and still fit in the drysuit. It will not fit with the 200 undergarment. There is plenty of room in the sock area though.

I also tried the large undergarment but because I am short the legs and arms are too long. I need an undergarment that is ML but did not see it offered by Hollis in that size.

I guess my conclusion is even with a larger chest and waist then yours I can still fit quite a bit of insulation. The AUG 100 with the lava core has kept me toasty in 43 degree water for up to 1 hour but I work outside all winter in cold Michigan weather. If I dive colder water I will need another drysuit to fit thicker insulation. I will probably have to get something custom because when I get the larger chest suits the lengths are too long.

Hope that helps

Hi blabber,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I've lived in California almost my entire life. I'm going with the 200 undergarment, certainly in the winter. Any less, and I feel I might as well be in my semi-dry wetsuit. :wink:

I am searching for a drysuit to fit a short fat guy, 5 ft 11 , 265 lbs, wear 40 inch waist pants, size 11 shoes, 48-50 inch chest. I do wear a 2X 3 mm wetsuit without too much of a problem, will an off the rack Hollis drysuit fit me and what size ?

I am searching for a drysuit to fit a short fat guy, 5 ft 11 , 265 lbs, wear 40 inch waist pants, size 11 shoes, 48-50 inch chest. I do wear a 2X 3 mm wetsuit without too much of a problem, will an off the rack Hollis drysuit fit me and what size ?

Thanks for the post. Our XXXL size would be the closest fit depending on undergarment. General measurements are 6' tall and 280lbs which puts you in the ballpark if you are wearing a thicker undergarment.

For more detailed sizing information, feel free to give us a shout - 510-729-5110.

Regards,

Thanks Nick I will order a xxxl, I have one more size for someone to run by you, 5' 4", 225 lbs , wears 38-40 waist pants , size 6 shoe , 45 1/2" chest. Is there an off the rack size available ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom