FYI regarding time change...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It happened on his watch .... about the extent of his involvement i suspect. I can think of many stupid things our government has done over the years, under one Presidential tenure or another, that people don't even bat an eye at. Thats just how some folks roll i guess.

It confuses me every time it happens. I have nightmares about my guests waiting around because I messed up on the time I told them or the time they have on their watches. Especially when dealing with cruise ship guests.. Thanks Christi. Well said.

As Steve said, this cluster with the time change was another "brilliant" BUSH idea!

Christi- I know how you get when someone quotes without attribution, and I know how suspect Wikipedia is, but I'm not going to spend TOO much time on this... :)

Energy Policy Act of 2005
"Texas (where Christi is from) companies in particular benefit from the bill. This criticism is heightened by the fact that President George W. Bush, the House Majority Leader (Tom DeLay), and the Chairman of the House Energy & Commerce Committee (Joe Barton) were all from Texas. The fact that the bill passed 66-29 with wide support from Democrats for the bill has not calmed this criticism"

"Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton made the bill an issue in the 2008 Democratic Primary by criticizing Senator Barack Obama two votes supporting the bill"

:D

Ok...but mainly my point was that Cozumel and most of the world as I said did not turn their clocks ahead...and won't until the "normal" time change.

As Steve said, this cluster with the time change was another "brilliant" BUSH idea!

Hey, don't get me wrong, I agree with Steve and others about the Bush idea. Heck, what about our own fearless leader's decision to follow - it's just that like Wally from Dilbert, nit-picking is what I do best. :D

The company I work for really gets screwed up this time of year because our head office is in Regina, Saskatchewan which is the one Province in Canada that doesn't do Daylight Savings at all. Half the year we are out of sync with them and we're in the same country!

Hey, don't get me wrong, I agree with Steve and others about the Bush idea. Heck, what about our own fearless leader's decision to follow - it's just that like Wally from Dilbert, nit-picking is what I do best. :D

The company I work for really gets screwed up this time of year because our head office is in Regina, Saskatchewan which is the one Province in Canada that doesn't do Daylight Savings at all. Half the year we are out of sync with them and we're in the same country!

Good thing you don't have an office in Newfoundland - you'd be off another half hour to boot!

Cozumel (Mexico) and the other countries that observe daylight savings will be "Springing forward" on April 4th/5th.

My trip just got an hour shorter. :shocked2:
That's 0.63%!

We'll, at least the Blue XT boat will be arriving one hour sooner. See you then Christi.

(6-10" snow + 30-40MPH wind tomorrow)

If we had just left it all darn well enough alone we would have understood it all better.....thanks Bush :shakehead:

The time used to NEVER change....but that was back in the olden dayz...when I was just a kid :D....I like daylight savings time...they can run it all year around and that would suit me:)

The time used to NEVER change....but that was back in the olden dayz...when I was just a kid :D....I like daylight savings time...they can run it all year around and that would suit me:)

I love the fact that I gain that hour of daylight earlier this year but I never really saw the point in changing the dates as he did.

Thanks, Christi!

For those of you who are not aware, The US is the only country that changed time this weekend.

So, for the next month...Cozumel will be 2 hours behind Eastern time, 1 hour behind central time, SAME as Mountain time and 1 hour ahead of Pacific time.

Cozumel (Mexico) and the other countries that observe daylight savings will be "Springing forward" on April 4th/5th.

Thanks - looks like I lose another hr the day I get there!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom