FYI - saw a great deal on 512MB CF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the heads up! I just picked up 2- 512mb's. Could have got the 1 GB, but I figure that if one should happen to fail I've always got another.

Steve

sandisk memory is of lower quality and the data throughput(around 2-4x) rate is the lowest of all the memory that i have seen tested (look on dpreview.com for the comparision of varius brands). personally for memory i use lexars 16x and faster memory for 128 Mb or less and for 256 mb and above i use ridata cards because they are the fastest on the market and have a lifetime warrenty, they are alittle bit more but quality costs more.

another opinon of mine is not to put all of your data in one basket (IE staying away from larger memory cards) because if you lose or accidently erase the card you either have lost the pics or you pay someone like me around $40+ a card for me to recover the data/pics off them and send you the files if they are there. also the largest card i carry is a 512 because of the probablity i will either need to come up for air or need a new set of batteries for the camera(and yes i can fill up a 512 in one tank because i use max res in fine jpeg or raw mode )

FWIW

Hope nobody needs the Dell 512 cards very soon. I ordered one on 2/7 and just checked their order cofirmation site. It's delayed until 3/5. Just before I leave for Grand Cayman.

TedJ once bubbled...
Hope nobody needs the Dell 512 cards very soon. I ordered one on 2/7 and just checked their order cofirmation site. It's delayed until 3/5. Just before I leave for Grand Cayman.

Ordered two cards on 2/5 and received them on 2/11. Guess I was lucky!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom