G16 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback :) I know I'm aiming at the higher end of the compact cameras, but having used DSLR's I think I'd be frustrated pretty quickly if I'm limited to auto only! I did consider the S series, but the G16 seemed to have better features for what I didn't consider a huge price increase (including housings). I was just more concerned about whether I'd still get ok photos with it before I start adding external lights. I don't mind fiddling with settings to start with but jumping overboard with some monstrosity of arms and lights was a bit overwhelming. (I have good bouyancy control but I don't like feeling clunky with gear I'm not used too!).

you can get some great shots without adding a strobe. Just understand that you are "flash limited" going into it. And always use the defuser if you're using the onboard flash. Just play with it a bit and learn what the onboard flash can and can't do. (mostly for macro) And always shoot in RAW so you can adjust the WB later and not spend the time underwater getting the WB perfect.

Back
Top Bottom