G260 vs alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be very interested in buying the wrench too. Please let me know when you decide to make and sell it. I'll need 2 or 3 depending on price. I have a shipping address in NYC.
Send me a dm. I can make a few pretty easily. I won't charge much more than shipping.

I'd be very interested in buying the wrench too. Please let me know when you decide to make and sell it. I'll need 2 or 3 depending on price. I have a shipping address in NYC.

You can buy this for $25:

But, the actual ScubaPro tool has a lot more uses. And it's still nice and compact to fit in a reg bag.

If you're a dive pro and going to be spending years working on these things, why not buy the right tool and be done? I bought one of these after my ScubaPro class. Do I use it much? No. Am I glad to have it when I do need it? Yes.

If you're a dive pro and going to be spending years working on these things, why not buy the right tool and be done? I bought one of these after my ScubaPro class. Do I use it much? No. Am I glad to have it when I do need it? Yes.

I have those in addition to the SP spline wrench. I am looking for extra one that is very light and compact as spare and to fit in a very small bag.

P.S. I am the type that buys original equipment and tools from quality vendors :p

You can buy this for $25:

But, the actual ScubaPro tool has a lot more uses. And it's still nice and compact to fit in a reg bag.

If you do quick trips to Cozumel, and want to do all carry-on for convenience, you won't want the ScubaPro tool. It works great until you come home. Cozumel TSA randomly confiscates anything they recognize as a tool. I doubt they would recognize the 3D printed one, but even if they did, no big loss. The Scuba Clinic and ScubaPro tools are expensive enough not to risk the loss.

I have both the other tools, but would like a couple of the printed ones for Cozumel trips.

If you do quick trips to Cozumel, and want to do all carry-on for convenience, you won't want the ScubaPro tool. It works great until you come home. Cozumel TSA randomly confiscates anything they recognize as a tool. I doubt they would recognize the 3D printed one, but even if they did, no big loss. The Scuba Clinic and ScubaPro tools are expensive enough not to risk the loss.

I have both the other tools, but would like a couple of the printed ones for Cozumel trips.

I have taken a slightly different approach. Don't fly with ScubaPro regs, and carry a small adjustable wrench that will work on anything. lol! :D

Side note: I got this stainless steel adjustable wrench recently. It has gone in and out of the ocean with me on a number of dives now, with no rinsing, and it is still shiny and the adjuster wheel still turns like new. I keep it in my thigh pocket on all dives now.

A few people DM'ed me with interest in buying the Spine Wrench that I printed. I just decided to play around with these a bit more today and did a redesign that works even better and fits PERFECTLY. Tested on two styles of spline nut shown in the pictures below. These work really well and won't scratch, dent, and mangle your lovely shiny spline nuts!

I decided that I will sell these to anyone interested in them $5.00 US per wrench, plus shipping which is around $5.00 for most of the USA. I suggest two of the wrenches as they are plastic and might wear out over time. I can also provide the open face wrench for use with splined hoses.

Same for the Mk25 assembly tool, $5.00 each. I used it to service two of my Mk25s a couple of weeks ago
and they made the job easier and with less risk of damage to the piston.

ScubaPro Spline Wrench (1).jpg

ScubaPro Spline Wrench (6).jpg
ScubaPro Spline Wrench.jpg

I think ScubaPro just wants to force their service centers to buy the proprietary tool kit.
100%. and the price is ridiculous.
and I just hand tight that fitting with my fingers, don't see any reason to use a wrench.

I have taken a slightly different approach. Don't fly with ScubaPro regs, and carry a small adjustable wrench that will work on anything. lol! :D

Side note: I got this stainless steel adjustable wrench recently. It has gone in and out of the ocean with me on a number of dives now, with no rinsing, and it is still shiny and the adjuster wheel still turns like new. I keep it in my thigh pocket on all dives now.
same here. I also find a "leatherman" style muilty tool comes in handy when I'm traveling.

微信图片_20230809095815.jpg

Here in the Red Sea, about to go diving in a few minutes. I have dived with both Mark 2 Evo with G250s and Mark 17 Evo with G260s. WOB is pretty much equal even at depths over 100 feet. Max depth on this trip thus far was with the Mark 2 Evo and G250s was 120 feet and it was effortless even at 1500 psi. Unbalanced first has little effect on the G250s. But, I will retract my statement from (this thread ?) that the G250 and G260 are the same loudness in the water. The G250 Venturi does seem to have a slightly different tone, maybe a little louder. Really not much difference. I spent a lot of time tuning my G260s and they show the efforts, they are very smooth, perhaps due to the ability to use the Micro Adjust to very finely tune them compared to picking springs for the G250. All in all, both have performed superbly as would be expected of a Scubapro regulator. Some of my buddies are tech diving at nearly 300 feet, but, you know, $700 air fills does not sound appealing to me. A couple of those and I can have a titanium Scubapro or a TFX! A lot more life above 130, more light, better photog opportunities but the Blue Hole does sound amazing. I was hung over the entrance suspended in blue water, like sky diving, great fun! Egyptians are wonderful as is Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom