G9 strobe choice opinion needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke with Ikelite and they told me the recommended choice is the #3944.75 with Ikelite TTL sync cord.

Absolutely! If you use the sync cord, you will have the option of TTL flash. With the controller (which is really for those cameras/housings with no TTL connectivity), you will be left with manual only (you can, if you wish, use manual with the sync cord. I have always used TTL).

Also, with the sync cord attached, the camera 'knows' it has an external flash and will not fire its internal one. This means you have no need to mask it off.

From what I've seen, FL seems to have some great diving (not that I've been to the US yet). Must be one of the only places off the US with warm clear water, right?

Pretty much so with the exception of Hawaii which is year round paradise :)

Absolutely! If you use the sync cord, you will have the option of TTL flash. With the controller (which is really for those cameras/housings with no TTL connectivity), you will be left with manual only (you can, if you wish, use manual with the sync cord. I have always used TTL).

Also, with the sync cord attached, the camera 'knows' it has an external flash and will not fire its internal one. This means you have no need to mask it off.

Thanks again!!
icon14.gif

thanks for all of the great input...i too am considering the g10/ikelite with strobes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom