Galapagos - Aggressor or Explorer Itinerary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

volvorules

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are looking at a trip to Galapagos aboard either the Aggressor or Explorer Ventures boats. We are looking to go during the end of March. The Explorer Ventures boat spends 4 days at Wolf and Darwin, while the Aggressor allows diving at some of the Western sites, and spends 3 days at Wolf and Darwin. I am wondering if anyone with Galapagos experience can shed some light on which of these would be preferred? The Explorer boat will be quite a bit cheaper, so that is a consideration, but I do not want to get bored of diving Wolf and Darwin for 4 days. (Not sure if that is possible, however, if there is the level of sea life there that I am hoping for.)

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have.

Rob

No chance of getting bored at Wolf & Darwin. That said, I went on the Sky and enjoyed the time on land as much as the time in the water. You will see more and bigger (depending on time of year) at Wolf & Darwin but there are some very nice other sites to see as well.

I would go with the aggressor. 4 days at wold and Darwin is too much that time of year....unless, hammerheads is a huge priority. Won't be any whale sharks...

I enjoyed the west site the most of any day. The iguanas, mola mola, are awesome to see. To me aggressor has the better itinerary.

In my experience (which does not include the Galapagos) the Exp Ventures folks are easier to work with, as both a customer and as a trip leader.

Thanks everyone for the input. We were unable to secure the Aggressor boat, as there was a big rush due to one of the liveaboards shutting down. We are on the Humboldt Explorer, however, and really looking forward to our trip. I hope to get a ton of awesome hammerhead photos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom