Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colourful

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Galapagos has been some of the greatest diving we’ve ever done, so much life, well worth the cost and travel to get there.

We had a week aboard the Galápagos Sky in 2017 and loved it so rebooked for January 2024 (10 months in advance)
5 weeks out the cancelled on us due to not enough divers. Our dates weren’t flexible but we managed to book onto the Tiberon Explorer just 1 day later than planned (still cost thousands to change flights / hotels etc)

Now 7 weeks after cancellation and Galapagos Sky (or Ecoventures their sales company) still haven’t refunded our $13k. Been chasing them weekly and they apologies saying delayed due to holidays and other BS. All very disappointing.

Tiberon Explorer was a great boat and crew, highly recommended. El Niño had brought unusually high temperatures to the waters around Galapagos which although very pleasant to dive in, had alas driven some of the big life away / deeper. Still some great diving.

In summary,
Tiberon Explorer awesome, book it.
Galapagos Sky, your money isn’t safe, avoid like the plague.

You should file a dispute with your credit card company ASAP. After 10 months, time is not in your favor right now.

You should file a dispute with your credit card company ASAP. After 10 months, time is not in your favor right now.
Yeah
The strategy of some businesses is to drag out the "refund" process for so long that the credit card companies won't help you once you finally file a dispute.

Yeah it's 90 days.

If I book, no deposit until less than 90 days before trip. Even cruises through my agent.

3rd thing I learned here, livaboards ain't for me.

No to criticize you but why don't you book via local travel agency? I would never surrender 13k to overseas 10 month in advance. If you book through local company, local laws apply in the contract, it is so much easier to deal with problems like this.
Indeed, lesson learned.
I guess because we’d done a trip with them before, seemed trustworthy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom