Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danzz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Some highlights of my last trip with the Humboldt Explorer in February/March.
Galapagos is as unique underwater as it is above. The islands Wolf and Darwin are world-famous for their pelagic life. Many types species like Galapagos sharks, silky sharks, white tip reef sharks, mobulas, eagle rays, turtles...In particular the hammerhead sharks and the flirting dolphins stole the show.

Great video! I'm headed there the end of this summer for a liveaboard and can't wait. Any tips or advice that you would share from your trip?

Glad to see the Humboldt Explorer get a mention; I was on that trip back in Jan. 2020 (shortly before the pandemic really kicked off in the U.S.), and was pleased with both that specific liveaboard op. and the destination. The total trip cost was high enough it was a one time thing for me. I like how your video at times shows the 'teeming with life' quality on some dives; of all the places I've been, the Galapagos is the one that most made me wish it had extreme visibility, because at times there was so much to potentially see. You got closer to the dolphins.

Great video! I'm headed there the end of this summer for a liveaboard and can't wait. Any tips or advice that you would share from your trip?
You didn't ask me, but I'll point you at my old trip report and research notes in case they help.

Humboldt Explorer Jan 13-20, 2020 - Trip Report - Humboldt Explorer Jan 13-20, 2020

My Research Notes from Planning Galapagos Trip

Richard.

Thank you 🙏
I would add some days on land. I never visited a place where animals like birds are not afraid of humans. I was a couple of days on Isabela island. Beautiful with many iguanas. I did some snorkeling with turtles, penguins, sea horses and iguanas.

Hello,

I have one question about Galapagos. In the end of last year the dive sites Roca Partida and one other one (the ones with iguanas, Mola Mola and Penguins) were closed due to the bird flue on Galapagos. Does anyone know if they are back open or when they will be?
And does anybody mabye has information about the general situation in Ecuador main land, is it still supposed too dangerous because of the recent events and curfew etc.?
Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I have one question about Galapagos. In the end of last year the dive sites Roca Partida and one other one (the ones with iguanas, Mola Mola and Penguins) were closed due to the bird flue on Galapagos. Does anyone know if they are back open or when they will be?
And does anybody mabye has information about the general situation in Ecuador main land, is it still supposed too dangerous because of the recent events and curfew etc.?
Thanks a lot!
Roca Partita is not in Galapagos but in Mexico Revillagigedo. I was there in February and it's not closed.

Roca Partita is not in Galapagos but in Mexico Revillagigedo. I was there in February and it's not closed.
oops, sorry. I just wrote the name form my memory but its the wrong one.
I meant the dive sites at the island with the marine iguanas, Mola Mola and penguins. Where it's usually colder... Are these still closed or do the Liveaboards do the full tour again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom