Garmin Descent Mk2i Screen Protector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Kev.lapo

Kev.lapo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just upgraded from a Suunto Vyper Air to the Garmin Descent Mk2i, blown away by all the quality of life upgrades making that jump brings, but wanted to ask if I should be putting a clear screen protector on the face of my Garmin? Is anyone else putting a screen protector on their Descent?

When I had MK1, I ordered bunch of them from Ali express. If I remember correctly there was also available for MK2.

I've been wearing my MK2i 24/7 since January 2021 with no screen protector. The watch face is perfect. Not a scratch on it.

EDIT: I also have no scratches on the case.

I've been wearing my MK2i 24/7 since January 2021 with no screen protector. The watch face is perfect. Not a scratch on it.
I've been wearing min since the fall of 2020, with no screen protector. With the same result! However, the rest of the watch is noticeably cuffed. I wish the DLC on th watch body was as effective as the screen!

Not MK2 but MK1 on the second dive, merits of sidemount.

679B65FA-A541-4BC1-AFE7-4ED05693E839.jpeg

IMG_20220922_152712111.jpg
After 23 months of of everyday wear, and over 100 dives. Notice the screen is still perfect, even though the case is pretty scuffed up.

These can help with protection and they look good:

My wife and I used to run the AMX protectors, they certainly protect the case of the watch, but they make it a lot more bulky. After a few weeks, we removed the AMX protector and have been happier as the watches are much easier to pass through wet suit sleeves and seem to catch on fewer things. The protectors are very nice and well made, but just too bulky when fitted to the watch.

These can help with protection and they look good:

Nice!

I have been happy without a screen protector, and the screen on mine is immaculate so far. I am sure I read somewhere that the screen is slightly domed so a stick on screen protecter won't work properly. You would need to use something like the AMX one, which does look very nice.

Back
Top Bottom