Gasoline exhaust and intake air placement for trailer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bauer, if I recall, suggests that up to 5 feet of the same diameter flexible hose as the inlet filter opening won't adversely affect the flow resistance. After that you'll need to increase the diameter of snorkel based on length and number of 90 degree bends. Three inches should cover you off for up to 50 feet with up to two 90 degree bends on a small < 10 cfm compressor.

You don't need to upsize the inlet filter, works fine as is on the end of a long snorkel. You do need to upsize the snorkel hose diameter however.

A P0 filter will produce good gas by itself, just not for very long.

It's as simple as this. You want the smallest restriction to be at the compressor inlet on the compressor, everything connected to that should be larger. 3/4 is good for about 5 feet but if you were going to run it 18 feet, I'd be making the whole thing 2 to 3 inches and then only reduce it when it gets to the actual compressor inlet. You may wish to consider putting some kind of pod filter on the end of the 2-3 inch pipe to stop dust from being sucked in if you are using it in dusty environments. You can get these from any auto store. Maybe not this exact one, but this type of thing: AVO Turboworld LLC : Power Filter Replacement [ENPHO001T] - $70.00

Analox showed up today. I tested all of my previously filled tanks. They were filled using the Alkin31 gas powered compressor with the stock PO21 LF filter with a 12 ft 3/4inch snorkel with a 3/8 inch filter attached at the end. All tanks registered 0ppm CO. Kind of anticlimactic... I was hoping (sarcasm alert) to find at least one tank with 250ppm CO.... So? Do I make any changes or if it ain't broke don't fix???

My take? You're aware of the dangers and you're the guy breathing the gas, two good reasons your gas is safe. As long as you don't send the compressor off with someone who doesn't have the same skin in the game you do, you should be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom