Gates Housings for new camcorders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just thought I would let everyone know that Gates has announced that they will be supporting several new Sony and Canon camcorders this year.

Their will be two housings, which will support 4 camcorders.

Sony HDR-XR500V and HDR-XR520V
The only difference between these two camcorders (that I am aware of) is the 520 has a 240 gb hard drive and the 500 has a 120 gb hard drive.

Canon HF S10 and HF S100
The difference between these two camcorders is that the HF S10 records to an internal Flash drive as well as to removable SDHC cards. The HF S100 only records to the SDHC cards.
It's also important to note that these cameras have the ability to record at 24Mbps with several settings available.
32GB internal Flash drive
LP (5 Mbps) 12 hours 15 minutes
SP (7 Mbps) 9 hours 35 minutes
XP+ (12 Mbps) 5 hours 45 minutes
FXP (17 Mbps) 4 hours 10 minutes - Allows 1920 x 1080 Full HD Recording
MXP (24 Mbps) 2 hours 55 minutes - Allows 1920 x 1080 Full HD Recordin

The housings should be available around the July/August timeframe.

Last edited:
This is definitely very exciting news. I was out at PMA last week in Vegas playing with the new camcorders. The new Sony's have an Optical Steady Shot with Active mode, that is absolutely amazing and fully functional. The previous steady shot, although functional never really helped much if you were bouncing around or moving fast. Their new system was displayed on an actively moving machine (see attached picture) and really steadied the image.

Attachments

• product_010.jpg
    product_010.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 41

Back
Top Bottom