Gauge mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

literally 1 minute to attach to the handle bar-and it works perfect-and two less things I need to attach to myself!

I probably misunderstood, but few would consider it safe to have your depth meter connected to an object you could possibly loose. Best place is still on your wrist unless they are back ups to your wrist mounted unit.

This is so basic I really can't believe I hadn't tried it before. It's just a wrist mount computer and wrist mount compass attached to my sea scooter-literally 1 minute to attach to the handle bar-and it works perfect-and two less things I need to attach to myself!

The DPV doesn't need to do any deco, but you might, so its much more accurate and safer if the dive computer is on your arm and a depth gauge is on the DPV. You may want to leave the DPV on deck of the wreck while you examine other parts of the wreck in confined spaces, etc.

I used some silicone adhesive.. That way i can remove them if needed..

I probably misunderstood, but few would consider it safe to have your depth meter connected to an object you could possibly loose. Best place is still on your wrist unless they are back ups to your wrist mounted unit.

I have a standard depth gauge as well

I looked at mounting on the handle bar but found that the motor caused magnetic interference with the compass at that location.. I had to move it out to the nose cone to get it clear.

dennis

The DPV doesn't need to do any deco, but you might, so its much more accurate and safer if the dive computer is on your arm and a depth gauge is on the DPV. You may want to leave the DPV on deck of the wreck while you examine other parts of the wreck in confined spaces, etc.

You make a good general point but it doesn't fit my dive profile.
Understand, most of my dives are within 40' and even using a comp is pretty much overkill, but I do enjoy checking my dive data on the fly. Also, I do keep my SPG/depth gauge on my being as every diver should

Now, where to mount my laser guided lobster tracking device :wink:

I looked at mounting on the handle bar but found that the motor caused magnetic interference with the compass at that location.. I had to move it out to the nose cone to get it clear.

dennis

Mounted on the handle completely screws up the compass but I just tried it on the nose with some velcro tape and it was still a bit funky

Had the first chance today to test out the gauge pack. It works very well, no problems with it at all. The compass worked in the correct fashion without any real interferance from the motor or switches.

Now i know that its not a high quality DPV but for free its not bad. I do want to mount either a lightstick holder or small flashlight on it and possibly a eye bolt to tie it off if needed.

Dennis

You're right-it does work on the nose! Removing the lead pouch in the weight compartment was the fix (DOH!)

BTW which sea scooter do you have? I'm not sure I've seen a red one

Its a seadoo.. Bought a spare nose to play with incase i messed it up, and that also gives the kids a chance to play with it in the pool and not mess up the gauges.

dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom