GCDS/Springfest @ Vortex Springs April 19th through 21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Gulf Coast Dive Society/Springfest is being held at Vortex Springs April 19th through 21st, 2013. Everyone is invited and welcome to join. Below is a link to the planning on FB and if you are not a member of the Gulf Coast Dive Society please request to become a member and you will be added.
We look forward to making this a grand weekend!

http://www.facebook.com/events/419726998111710/

Just trying to make it open for everyone. Tax season is a very busy time for me. I appreciate the help of others to plan the event and not let it die.

denisegg: I'm supposed to catch up with the Grizzle a little later, I think.
Based on what I've seen on FB and heard on the street, there's a lot of interest. Folks have come up with some pretty good ideas: It's just that a lot of those ideas haven't been acted on yet.

It looks like there may be a pretty good chunk of folks coming that have never been to one of the 'fests before. Several people may be interested in helping out with the organizing. . . we'll have to ask around and see.

I'm looking forward to it being a fun event - - - AND I'm excited because I'll be in my cavern class on Wednesday and Thursday of that week! :glad:

I have posted a thread on the GCDS page about a community cookout I just haven't seen any interest yet. May be a little early. I can bump the thread up in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denisegg: I'm supposed to catch up with the Grizzle a little later, I think.
Based on what I've seen on FB and heard on the street, there's a lot of interest. Folks have come up with some pretty good ideas: It's just that a lot of those ideas haven't been acted on yet.

It looks like there may be a pretty good chunk of folks coming that have never been to one of the 'fests before. Several people may be interested in helping out with the organizing. . . we'll have to ask around and see.

I'm looking forward to it being a fun event - - - AND I'm excited because I'll be in my cavern class on Wednesday and Thursday of that week! :glad:

Thanks Carl for the help!! I really appreciate others joining in to organize the event and I know others do as well who have always supported the Spring and Fall Fests.
Congrats on the cavern class! Can't wait to see how much you love it!!

---------- Post added March 14th, 2013 at 05:25 PM ----------

I have posted a thread on the GCDS page about a community cookout I just haven't seen any interest yet. May be a little early. I can bump the thread up in the next couple of weeks.

Oh there will definitely be a community cook out!! Some people just don't get in to planning very far ahead. If nothing else, just tell everyone to bring enough meat for the grill for those coming with them and a couple of sides and paper products. And then everyone can just set it on the table and it is always enough for everyone. Don't get too caught up in specifics or the exact thing everyone brings. Divers are a great bunch of people, friendly and willing to share food and especially stories. :)

We have a pavilion reserved for Saturday night. There will be people camping through the weekend and diving. Even if you don't come for the whole weekend, drop by Saturday and dive with us and eat dinner and socialize! Evening festivities start at 7 pm.

For anyone that's not already aware of the the planning for the weekend:

I have a charter trip set up with Panama City Dive Charters on Saturday morning, 4/20/13. Captain Pat has graciously set us up with an off shore trip at a discounted rate. . as well as killer prices on gas fills for the folks in town for the event. More details are available on the GCDS FaceBook page: look on the "Events" tab.

For anyone that doesn't use FB, no problem! Either post here or PM me, and we'll get you set up!!

Carl

Back
Top Bottom