Gen. Pace see's off Kaneohe Marines, JB quoted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the problem is that the Iraqi government is not moving fast enough and U.S. voters have lost (and continue to lose) patience with the war.

I have had it explained that the pyche of the country is like that of a battered woman. They have to get confident first.

yes, a mess. I am interested in knowing about the Iranian banks going in...

see, we should be doing that.

I hope someone somewhere is addressing the future retention issue. There is a difference in body numbers recruited and leadership with experience. Lots of these guys are getting burned out.

Those new hum-V's have a big V shape that sends the force outward or something. This funding cut might make them hard to pay for.
General Pace says not to worry about it, he won't let it happen.

I noticed that we just found a huge cache of IED mines, in Taji?

It sucks how they always have billions for Lockheed and Raytheon super weapons and nada for the guys on the ground.

catherine96821:
I have had it explained that the pyche of the country is like that of a battered woman. They have to get confident first.

yes, a mess. I am interested in knowing about the Iranian banks going in...

see, we should be doing that.

Oh lord if Hillary gets in, half the Marines will leave. I hope someone somewhere is addressing the future retention issue. There is a difference in body numbers recruited and leadership with experience. Lots of these guys are getting burned out.

Those new hum-V's have a big V shape that sends the force outward or something. This funding cut might make them hard to pay for.
General Pace says not to worry about it, he won't let it happen.

Catherine: As you know the Marine leadership is all about the Marines in the fight. They will do everything they can to get their Marines the proper equipment and help.

Today I had an e-mail from an old and true friend. He is a Naval Academy graduate, class of 1968. He knows General Pace, and many other senior Marine officers. He told me that the senior Marines say this is the hardest war the Marines have ever fought. Multiple tours, small force, eroding public support.

As you well know those Marines in combat fight for each other. All the flag waving and political posturing means nothing to them. They want to bring each other home alive.

Thoughts and prayers for JB and G/1/12.

have you guys seen the recent uptick of violence in Iraq?

it's such a complicated place. Moqtada al-Sadr's Mehdi Army has stayed out of the strees since the US push started, as negotiated.

well ... all that did was empty the streets for al Qaeda to launch these series of attacks. Shi'ites are calling for the return of the Mehdi Army to protect them, since apparently neither the government nor the US are able to do so.

and our guys are in the middle getting shot: 12 US servicemen dead this week

http://icasualties.org/oif/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom