Genesis 3.1 DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Superlyte27

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Did you know that I am one of the only stocking Genesis DPV stores in the country. You can call me right now and I can ship you a brand new Genesis 3.1 DPV today.

Adventures Underwater
352-533-GEAR

Ask for Peter.

Did you know that I am one of the only stocking Genesis DPV stores in the country. You can call me right now and I can ship you a brand new Genesis 3.1 DPV today.

Adventures Underwater
352-533-GEAR

Ask for Peter.
Can you compare the new version with the old one? Is the 3.1 quieter?

Not enough to make a difference on the sound of it. I will tell you that we did a recent scooter dive in Ginnie. Dive was just under 2 hours long on the trigger at medium speed most of the time. I was on a 2.1 my buddy on a 3.1. At the end of the dive my scooter had 73% battery remaining, my buddy had 91%.

His scooter also has more torque. It’s noticeable stronger.

At normal speed, they are both pretty quiet, as they are only using around 160W, but at full power, the 3.1 is significantly quieter due to the new motor controller using sinusoidal switching, instead of the previous trapezoidal switching. Additionally, the switching frequency of the new controller is now more than double the switch freq of the older controller and well beyond the range of human hearing. There is still some noise from resonance frequencies, but I'd estimate a 70-80% noise reduction in air and even more underwater, since water attenuates higher frequencies more.

The 3.0 is also more efficient and has more thrust while using the same maximum power as the 1.0/2.0, and it will also run at a slower RPM than the 1.0/2.0 for when you barely want to creep along slower than swimming. A USB interface allows the user to make basic changes to min and max RPM, power reduction RPM and activation voltages at low battery, and a few other things, plus we added a LED to the handle, to indicate battery level.

At normal speed, they are both pretty quiet, as they are only using around 160W, but at full power, the 3.1 is significantly quieter due to the new motor controller using sinusoidal switching, instead of the previous trapezoidal switching. Additionally, the switching frequency of the new controller is now more than double the switch freq of the older controller and well beyond the range of human hearing. There is still some noise from resonance frequencies, but I'd estimate a 70-80% noise reduction in air and even more underwater, since water attenuates higher frequencies more.

The 3.0 is also more efficient and has more thrust while using the same maximum power as the 1.0/2.0, and it will also run at a slower RPM than the 1.0/2.0 for when you barely want to creep along slower than swimming. A USB interface allows the user to make basic changes to min and max RPM, power reduction RPM and activation voltages at low battery, and a few other things, plus we added a LED to the handle, to indicate battery level.

Merci Jon.
still no dealer in Europe ?

Merci Jon.
still no dealer in Europe ?
De rien cosmosaure.

We've had numerous European dealers contact us, but the shipping and import duties over there seem to always dissuade them, so no. Most Genesis owners in the EU come over here on vacation and fly back with it in their luggage, since they are so easy to fly with.

Curious, as someone weighing up the Genesis 3.1 as my next/'final' DPV: what other parameters can you now configure over USB? Also, is there any good photo/video/explainers of how the controls (trigger/speed control) work on the Genesis?

Curious, as someone weighing up the Genesis 3.1 as my next/'final' DPV: what other parameters can you now configure over USB? Also, is there any good photo/video/explainers of how the controls (trigger/speed control) work on the Genesis?

Chris, where are you at? I can lend you one or we can FaceTime and I’ll show you all of it.

That's a very kind offer! I'm in Victoria, BC (Canada), so about as far from Florida as it's possible to get in North America. That said, I am planning to make my way to cave country for a course next Feb, so perhaps we can work something out then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom