Question Genesis DPV assembly - locking strips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just assembled my brand new Genesis 2.2. It came with 4 orange locking strips for locking the tail to the body.

The manual just says to press the tail on and then insert the locking strips. It doesn't say how many to use or if direction you insert them is important.

Am I supposed to insert one locking strip on each side and keep the other 2 as spares?

Or do I insert 2 into each slot, one wrapping one direction around the tail and the other going the other way?

All 4 have a piece of tape around one end. Is the tape meant to stick out of the slot once the locking strip is fully inserted, to make it easy to pull the locking strip back out? I think that must be what it's for.

The manual does have a Post Dive section, which says this:

"If a rinse bath is not available, remove one orange plastic locking strip between the tail and the body, rinse the strip and direct the flow of fresh water from a hose, into the slot for a minute or two. Reinstall the first strip and repeat the process with the second strip removed and then rinse the rest of the DPV."

That seems to imply that only 2 locking strips are used.

I think only two strips can really fit. One each side, the way you described. The others are spares. There seem to be spares for everything so that would make sense. Mine don't have tape, instead they have one end that is flat, and the flat section keeps the strip from going all the way into the slot.

I think only two strips can really fit. One each side, the way you described. The others are spares. There seem to be spares for everything so that would make sense. Mine don't have tape, instead they have one end that is flat, and the flat section keeps the strip from going all the way into the slot.

Cool. Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom