Gerstle Cove Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweitz:
I live almost right in between Carmel and Fort Ross. I'm 110 from Fort Ross and 100 from Carmel.
Mark

I thought you were further South. I guess I am lucky then as Fort Ross is less than an hour away.

mweitz:
Opening weekend of ab season '04 I did Van Damme on Friday, Breakwater on Saturday and Van Damme again on Sunday.
Mark

THATS NUTS LOL

So are you going to come up and BBQ with us on opening day at Fisk Mill, like last year? Eric, is bringing some kind of crazy new BBQ he built. It would be great to see you (and possibly your family?) again. I would love to find out some of your secrets for free diving :wink:

mweitz:
I have 145,000 miles on my '01 Pathfinder :D

Mark

I drive about the same amount (Work) but have two vehicles. Mostly my Prius gets it's legs stretched though.

Not sure where I'll end up on opening day. Everyone wants to go to do a different spot!

Mark

I had a stellar dive Saturday off my kayak. It was great to be there, I'm thankful for every small chance I can get out.
The guy I brought up there developed a raging headache after the first dive which terminated my diving day and since he rode up with me I was responsible for getting him back home. It totally bummed me out because I would've easily hung around and done 2 more dives. From now on I drive up solo. My time for diving is so precious that I absolutely cannot risk this happening ever again.

I was wondering why you left so early.

mweitz:
There is a shop in Bodega Bay, Bodega Bay Pro Dive, http://www.bbprodive.com I think. Not sure if they do fills.

Most of the stores up there have snorkels, weights, and the like, but it is expensive. I usually bring an extra weight belt when freediving up there and it gets used about 10% of the time believe it or not. I also bring an extra mask / snorkel.

You may be able to get fills at Ocean Cove on weekends. Their website says you can, but I'm not sure. http://www.oceancove.org/ocstore.html
Mark

Bodega Bay Pro Dive does fills, off their banked air. The guy in there the day i brought in some tanks for fills filled them in a manner that I consider to be too fast. I would conservatively say he filled at about 600psi per minute. Tanks were "warm." Ocean Cove isn't filling tanks last time I checked, I'm sure someone else can verify that though.

Hey, Y'all,

Gerstle is great. Just up the road, there is that little shop where they used to have air right across the street (hwy 1) from Ocean cove. If this edit goes through, correction: I just read they no longer have air. I live near Cotati and didn't know about a shop there, but there's a great one 5 minutes up hwy 101 called Bamboo Reef. Tom's the owner, Pam is great to work with, and everyone else is pretty eager to please. They are on the middle of the parallel road to 101 (east side) between Rohnert Park Expressway and Golf Course exits. I just replaced practicallly ALL my gear with them, including my Scubapro Mk. 5 reg which works great, and has sentimental value (first one, bought in '72 when I got cert'd) but may get pretty hard to service in near future. Ok, bit I mean bought, the bullet!

Anyone up here in SF Northbay like to go for mid-week diving?

Back
Top Bottom