Get rid of that hurricane!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ERIC.K

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have a spell or some type of chant to rid me of this hurricane Michelle?, I had a girlfriend by the name of Michelle, she was always messing things up!! No offense to all the "nice" Michelles who frequent this board. My wife and I are Going on a live-aboard, the new Nekton boat, the Nekton Rorqual. We leave on the 16th of Nov. for Ft. Lauderdale and will be gone for 7 days. You may start chanting, or praying or do some good old fashioned finger- crossing for us to rid us of this hurricane. I heard today that Nekton already canceled the next live-aboard due to the uncertainty of this storm. The boat is docked in Georgetown, Great Exuma island, Bahamas. Currently, right in the path of a cat. 4 hurricane.......wish us luck

Hello,

It's a very good thing that humans are not in cotrol of the weather or that would really screw the ecology up. The truth be known is the ecology needs hurricanes.

Ed

I just want to say that in Cozumel this weekend there is no diving
since I have no reason to go on your trip I will cross my fingers fro your good luck

yeah a group from my LDS are there right now without me :(

Eric,
First off, welcome to the scuba board. I'll say a prayer for you and everyone in "Michelle's path". My hopeful gut feeling is it will pass by the 16th.
Where else have you and your wife been underwater? Tell us more about yourself.
:sunny:

We've had little news on Hurricane Michelle until today. I travel London to Turks & Caicos via Miami for 11th November. Anyone any thoughts on my chances of a successful trip?

Neil

Ed, I'm pretty sure I know what we are doing to our ecology with the pollution and the down right abuse we put on our planet! Living in Ohio I can remember in my days of youth when snow would fall for days. I cannot remember a day the last couple of years that we had snow on the ground longer than a few hours. We are killing ourselves and this planet and we cannot even see it. I've also heard that this Hurricane in the history books is one of the latest in the season. Years ago It would have been unheard of to have a cat 4 In November. I also know that Hurricanes are a needed part of ole mother nature, but as I was watching the weather channel I found it ironic when they stated that Cuba was bracing for the worst hurricane they've seen in 50 years and the projected path for this Hurricane ran it right through the area of our beloved and planned live-aboard. It seems like virtually every trip we take we are dodging bad weather....just one trip with good weather and I would roll over and di.........well we won't go there!!! I'm just venting.....or worse....Whinning!!!

Hello,

Yes there's the pollution aspect but what I was refering to is the ecosystem's need for the hurricane. Take the fires out west, certain tree's needs the fires for germination. I'm no marine biologist but i'm willing to bet there's at least one species of something underwater that needs the hurricane's impact to help propigation.

Ed

Great point Ed! you know I did read an article about 6 months ago that stated that "thinning out" of certain corals can actually promote healthy reefs. I guess that hurricanes do provide that service. The article went even further by compairing the thinning out of corals to "controlled burns" that we see in alot of our national forests. Great insite, however I don't have to be happy with the timing of this hurricane. Come on 2 weeks before my long awaited live-aboard. I just have sucky timing. Hopefully the viz will clear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom