Get Your Dive Flag ON!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just stick the boat flag on the little buoy.. I have an orange buoy that seems more stable than the while ball. I realize color isn't the answer (duh!), the orange one is more bullet shaped..

Now if we could just get the flag manufacturers to reinforce the top of the pocket where the pole goes. Seems that always pokes through after a handful of dives and then I have to break out the duct tape. haha

Now if we could just get the flag manufacturers to reinforce the top of the pocket where the pole goes. Seems that always pokes through after a handful of dives and then I have to break out the duct tape. haha

duct tape should be in everyone's possession :) too useful. unfortunately we don't use it enough to gag politicians with.

LOL.. I've been sewing it, but now the flag is thread bare in that area. Time to break out the duct tape!

I couldn't find any duct tape so I went with metal tape. 4 times out no problems. :)

DSCN1447.jpg

I just stick the boat flag on the little buoy.. I have an orange buoy that seems more stable than the while ball. I realize color isn't the answer (duh!), the orange one is more bullet shaped..

hmmm.. maybe a pvc pipe fit over the regular buoy pole and attached to that.. give it more height. can secure it with duct tape!!!!!! :)

that's a good looking flag...........i usually put the tape on the pole first then the flag over it...seem to last longer.

problem with height is you have to be able to counter balance it beneath the buoy. that usually means more weight.. and then it's just *joyful* to drag around...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom