Getting back after 6 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Stopped diving for 10 years, not really 10 years, in 2012(we did 10 dives that year) we dove in coiba panama, in 2016 we took a refresher and dove key largo(total dives up to that date is around 57), now Kids have grown up. one will be 10 this year and she will be taking the junior certification. ..

we have a trip this upcoming week. we already have the refresher scheduled and a 2-tank dive for my wife and I

Equipment Got serviced, BCD, regulators and computer. So we are ready to go back to this hobby once again.

wish me luck !!!

Welcome back! I remember you from a thread about Coiba.

Well got back from the trip. Only manage to do a 2 tank dive. in Chub Cay. Had the refresher and then the dives. Was forgetting how cool it was just to glide on the water

Attachments

• bahamas dive 2.jpg
    bahamas dive 2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 20
  • bahamas dive 5.jpg
    bahamas dive 5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 24
  • bahamas dive 6.jpg
    bahamas dive 6.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 26
I had only been out for 4 years, but that was between the ages of 70 and 74. I took a “sorta” refresher course... mostly pool time checking out my newly serviced gear, then off to Nassau. I found that the previous 300+/- dives dating back up to 30 years ago made low stress tropical diving a joy... very relaxing, in fact. Actually the only real drawbacks I experienced were from the surface up. Already planning another trip before age becomes a bigger barrier.
Image 1 = “What, me worry?” Image 2 = my hard working dive master (dive mistress?) Fanny, from France
🐸

Attachments

• D1FCBEA0-DDF5-4DE6-B56F-CC216EB971C1.jpeg
    D1FCBEA0-DDF5-4DE6-B56F-CC216EB971C1.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 21
  • C70EEDBD-3A81-4B5F-A271-EAA2E0C0834F.jpeg
    C70EEDBD-3A81-4B5F-A271-EAA2E0C0834F.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom