Getting ready to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee I knew I liked you, Commando eh... I have a pool session Mon nite you are more than welcome! :). All seriuosness, I used to use a shortie, but no more am now using a BARE 2mm full. Water temp at the pool is normally around 70F and I find with the full you avoid the pool burn problem.Not to mention it's a good suit for taking south.

ROTFL, DivingGal I don't think I would have been able to keep my reg in :) Although painful on your part :( I have seen all kinds of funny senerios while instructing especially teaching DM or AI courses...I think one of the funniest was, I had the "problem student" attempt to put the mask on upside down...well the "instructor" didn't notice and the poor girl actually got it on upside down and cleared it...I could't stop laughing, but even better was the debrief with the problem student standing there with her mask on upside down... man I couldn't take it my stomach still hurts!!!

I just can't decide which she is. I would like to give her a benefit of a doubt and think that she was just determined to learn but I can't just help wondering if the lights were on.

As to the wet suit on not to suit issue.....have you tried a 1/2 ml? I know that diveskins is making a full suit just for the pool. It is suppose to resist the cholrine but not be as hot as a 2 or 3ml. The cost is less than a $100 (I think), but it sure does save wear and tear on those higher priced wet suits.

Remora,
That is perhaps the funniest thing I've ever heard of happening in a pool! LOL! Now my stomach hurts! Do you have any more of those? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom