Getting rid of the stink?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunking dive gear in water is not much of a cleaning, but that's what many of us do.

Ever see one of those "plant watering wands"? Home Depot has one that is an 18 inch aluminum tube with a nozzle on the end for $7. Hooked up to your garden hose, you can use it to reach inside of boots, and the arms and legs of a wetsuit. It flushes out of the organic matter in neoprene that can smell bad later.

Expect a lot of stink? Clean out the suit or boots as mentioned above, put in a few sprays of Simple Green and flush it out again. This is like a gentle version of pressure washing.

Dunking dive gear in water is not much of a cleaning, but that's what many of us do.

Ever see one of those "plant watering wands"? Home Depot has one that is an 18 inch aluminum tube with a nozzle on the end for $7. Hooked up to your garden hose, you can use it to reach inside of boots, and the arms and legs of a wetsuit. It flushes out of the organic matter in neoprene that can smell bad later.

Expect a lot of stink? Clean out the suit or boots as mentioned above, put in a few sprays of Simple Green and flush it out again. This is like a gentle version of pressure washing.

What I use to do and will again, is hold my bootie on the end of the bathtub filler spout and seal it with my hand. It would blow up real big I did this several times, as well as a good soak in tub.:D

What I use to do and will again, is hold my bootie on the end of the bathtub filler spout and seal it with my hand. It would blow up real big I did this several times, as well as a good soak in tub.:D

And here I thought I was the only one who liked making a baloon out of my booties. My wife always gives me that "you're crazy" look when I do it :rofl3:

I normally just soak my gear in a laundy tub for 10-20 minutes with warm water and lysol. It seems to get rid of the stink with minimal fuss. I do the regs/bc first in the clean water, round 2 gets smelly stuff.

Back
Top Bottom