Getting wrecked with Wookie and Netdoc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was actually diving Hens 'n Chickens Reef yesterday and the vis was less than 20. We still saw lots of colorful critters and had lots of fun. IOW, we don't always have great vis down here and we're not afraid to admit it!

That's like Arizona not being afraid to admit it rains. It happens so seldom, it becomes an adventure. :)

1. If you are going to dive the Spree as part of a trip, put the Spree in the beginning of the trip. At four to five dives per day, you will clock up some Nitrogen loading.
2. If you put the Spree on the front of the trip, you will astronomically improve the chances of boarding with all of your favorite dive equipment, instead of leaving behind the lost and broken. :(
3. Meals are not available until the chef rings the bell. I understand Pavlov’s dogs.
4. The Spree has more USB charging ports than an Apple store.
5. The Spree will accommodate you every possible way if they know about the issue. :hugs:
6. Keep your favorite Hair conditioner with your gear. A small dab rubbed through your hair after the dive rinse makes it feel good. Don't bother if your hair is less than 1".

1. The coffee is always good.
2. Cap’n Tim is happy to explain all those thingies on his screen, especially at 5 am when you are the only two awake. See #1.
3. The Pistachio cake is to die for. :drooling:
4. The showers on the back of the deck are warm. :rain:
5. The Spree has a “BA” pipe wrench and large vice. Needing either for your dive light is not a good thing.
6. The brownies are to die for. :drooling:
7. The count is 10. It can be two fives, three threes and a one, but always 10. Memorize the length of 10. :wink:
8. When Bearing takes a seat, even the Captains make way. :giggle:
9. Seeing dolphins never gets old. Ever.
10. The seas were glass flat. Seriously. Amazing.

Last edited:
Bearing is a cuddle kitty disguised as an aloof cat. You can snuggle her a bit if you speak 'cat'. Bring a first aid kit if you don't. :D

The pistachio cake was the best desert I've had on any boat.

The trip was a rec/tec trip, 4 of us did rec dives and the others did light tec or a combination of tec and rec. There were 2 dive windows per day of 4 hours duration, generally 8-12 and 2-6. In our 4 days, we did 4 dives on the Spiegel Grove, 2 dives on the Duane, the one buoy at the Bibb was occupied so did 2 dives at the Eagle, 2 dives at the Thunderbolt, 2 dives on the Adolphus Busch, and 3 dives on the Vandenberg.

As Jax points out, this is really a great trip for the reasonably advanced recreational diver, either buddy or solo. In our 15 dives, my son and I got in nearly 11 1/2 hours of diving, an average of 0:45/dive. We were only limited by our NDLs, the rec group was not to go into deco. We used steel 100s, supplied by the Spree. The average max depth for us was about 110 feet with an average average depth of just under 75 feet. The only thing I could possibly ask for would be the opportunity for some night dives, of course this would have interfered with beer consumption plan.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom