Giant squid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW....dam BIG....King of the beasts

frankc420:
Uhh, what does a 60 foot squid eat? 40 foot sharks?
60 foot sperm whales.... They are known to fight anyway but I thinks its the whale trying to eat the squid. Good taste those whales have:D

The giant squid is also considered "The last dragon"...we finally getting a look at this animal after years of mystery. Steve Shea, an Squid Expert down in New Zealand has attempted to raise giant squid larve in a tank. That would be awesome if he succeded. Face it, when you see the animal live...that's when you really appreciate the wonders of the ocean.

The giant squid is also considered "The last dragon"...we finally getting a look at this animal after years of mystery. Steve Shea, an Squid Expert down in New Zealand has attempted to raise giant squid larve in a tank. That would be awesome if he succeded. Face it, when you see the animal live...that's when you really appreciate the wonders of the ocean.

I wonder if one could actually survive in a normal aquarium, or if the tank would have to be pressurized or something.

I had to fight one of these once.

Zingtea, what sort of creature is that in your icon?

Actually they have a perserved specimen at the Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota, Florida. But to have an actually one on live display...I would pay to see it.

Vayu:
Zingtea, what sort of creature is that in your icon?
It's a boto, otherwise known as the Amazon river dolphin.
IgOmachaMaria.jpg

And here's the squid for those who don't want to read the articles...
061222-giant-squid.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom