Giant Stride in Doubles: Feel much different from single rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim T.

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, here's one of those doubles newbie questions I'm almost embarrassed to ask but,
I'm about to do my lst boat dive with my HP100s and was curious if I should expect a
different "feel" when I hit the water? Is the amount one submerges initially deeper than I'd be used to with my singles rig? (More weight/faster velocity?). Do ya bob back up in approx. the same amount of time? Should I be prepared for a bit deeper descent?
I'm diving a 70lb. wing so I figure it'll all be about the "same ol' same ol'?

Thanks. It's always a bit nerve wracking trying something new in the middle of Georgia
Strait!

Didn'tfeel any different to me but i guess height of entry may have something to do with it.

Certainly in a 12l twinset and 12l stage other than a bigger splash i noticed nothing different - provided you have enough lift in your BC (and 70lb sounds excessive for that kit so you should have plenty of surface support).

If the bolts are too long it feels a bit different :wink:

You may find you drop down a little faster, but it's not significant IMHO.

Have fun :)

Cool. Thanks everyone. Wanted to try this before the trip, but no opportunity on the shore dives... I appreciate the responses. Thinking of bringing a wood block for those short tanks
on the boat seat. Guess the neo. suit will take care of the bolts :) pinpoint neoprene compression! Now, getting back up the ladder for the lst time will be a whole other thing :)

Cool. Thanks everyone. Wanted to try this before the trip, but no opportunity on the shore dives... I appreciate the responses. Thinking of bringing a wood block for those short tanks
on the boat seat. Guess the neo. suit will take care of the bolts :) pinpoint neoprene compression! Now, getting back up the ladder for the lst time will be a whole other thing :)

That's a pretty giant wing too. If you inflate it all the way there's a good chance you won't even get your face wet when you step in.

That's a pretty giant wing too. If you inflate it all the way there's a good chance you won't even get your face wet when you step in.

...or end up face down on the surface.

Move that crotch strap to the side a bit or else:11:

Ok, I knew the 70lb. wing would bring comments. Been there done that. :)
It's seen plenty of use otherwise (than the giant stride) and it's been no problem.
Gonna go make a hole in the ocean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom