Ginnie Springs This Sunday (April 20th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Heading up to Ginnie Springs to do some cave diving this Sunday (April 20th) anybody interested in going. I have room in my truck for 1 to ride with me. Sorry about the short notice.

Just came back from there last Sunday for my Cavern course. My first time to Ginnie and it was pretty cool. Be safe.

How was the Vis? I know most caves up that way are still blown out from the heavy rains.

Thx for the info. - I read your report on your dives, sounds like you guys had a great class.

OH SURE !!!
Go up there , when I am down here.
Gads...

Viz at Ginnie has been just fine all year so far.
Hope the flow was down a bit for you.

Tues Night I head BACK up to Cave Country again.

But I'll be back :D
Consider yourself invaded :rofl3:

Jeano of Beano

Hey Jeano, we miss you!! Where is down here??

The flow was up IMO. Louis (loudafish) and I tried something new and went in from the eye. They have a temporary permenant line placed, but I ran a line from the tree just outside the reaper sign at the eye through to the gold line in the ear just in case. Dang it's tight going into the eye, especially with stage bottles! The worst/funniest part was reeling in the line on the way out, Oh Boy!?

We got as far as the 800 foot arrow in what I think was the end of the mud flats ?? It was a very nice dive, but I don't ever remember passing sooo many teams coming in and out. The high flow made for a tough swim in, but it also made for a very relaxing drift out. There is so much to explore in that cave, you could spend an entire dive just checking out the area prior to the lips!

After a long surface interval we went over to the Ballroom and brought Kathy, Sadie199, and Eric down with us. Kathy finally made it to the grate - Now she thinks she may like cave diving (god help me), and Sadie got a brief tour of the famous ballroom (sorry about the short bottom time), complete with a jaunt through that little "J" shaped tunnel.

The one nice surprise of the day was that they paved the dirt road leading up to the main office, so my truck doesn't have that nice white limestone sheen, and they are now really enforcing the rules of the park so we didn't have to dodge ATV's and such.

sounds like good times. the eye is indeed a snug fit, but i really like going in that way. when you say that they paved the road up to the office, do you mean that they paved from the devil's parking up to the office? that is really new, as we were there on 4/13 and it wasn't paved. and the weekend before it was just plain old mud.

Er , down here is Brandon , Florida. :D

Jean

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom