Girl's prosthetic legs stolen for second time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would anybody want to steal someones artificial leg? Sounds to me like someone is either very mean or they don't want to have to play softball against her.

I was thinking about this. A GPS tracking device can be dropped into the legs and it'd never be noticed as being there. While it wouldn't provide her much 'privacy' on a date it would at least provide a way to track down the missing prostetic limbs.. 'course, if she's like my wife the are also with her purse or keys.

devolution365:
From the story it sounds like the theives came into the house and stole them while she was sleeping. Perhaps she should by a gun safe or something to keep them in in the future. It's sad that she'd have to do that, though...
Nah, just give her a gun.
If it's just a joke let the jokers understand how it feels to be crippled when they have a 38 slug imbeded in their spine.

That's messed up. This girl needs a gun.

Somewhere I once saw a bumper sticker that said "Stupidity Should Not Be Painless", I do believe that this is one of those cases. The sick idiot who is doing this needs a serious flogging and then prison time where the other inmates know what the fool did.

Wow this story was on the local news two nights in a row. No one suspects the family themselves? It is odd that a 16,000 dollar customized prosthetic wouldn't have a homing device/GPS tracker in it ... especially after it got stolen the first time.

DiverBuoy:
Wow this story was on the local news two nights in a row. No one suspects the family themselves? It is odd that a 16,000 dollar customized prosthetic wouldn't have a homing device/GPS tracker in it ... especially after it got stolen the first time.

That's what I wondered.

I did that with my eyeglasses one time as a kid. I didn't like the frames so I "lost" them so that my mom would buy new, more fashionable ones.

It makes you wonder...

I'd imagine after the first time they were pretty bummed, but didn't think something that evil would happen again. Now it has, maybe they'll think twice about sitting a bear outside the door.

Back
Top Bottom