Global Entry App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go fly Singapore Airlines and then fly American Airlines it is like night and day the way the flight attendants and check in agents treat you.
Why, oh why, would anyone willingly get onboard an American Airlines flight ?!?

Even in the name of science ?!?

I have spent all of my childhood and majority of my adult life living and working in 3rd world countries. ...
I had a similar child hood, and sometimes still enjoy similar vacations.

I have lost track of how many 3rd world countries I have visited and even on super local discount airlines and like @Joneill I have never had a bad customer service experience outside the US nor have I ever had to wait 1.5hr for my luggage.
I would mostly agree with this. But the flip side is officials. Unless you are willing to pay a bribe, you can easily spend hours of unpleasantness waiting for them to give up on their extortion (particularity in ex-British Africa).

Having grown up in Africa (mostly Nigeria), my personal theory as to why they have not caught up or surpassed the rest of the world, despite their obvious potential, is bribery and corruption, so I never pay(tilting at windmills, I know).

Boat captain showed me the bridge and around the boat, the boat operators offered me food, etc. just a really great experience,
Did they offer food and a tour to everyone on the boat? How many on that boat had that same great experience? Or was it just you (and maybe the few others with you), because you were a foreigner?

In many parts of the 3rd world, we as foreigners really are entitled! We are treated as royalty, or at least special., even if we are using squat toilets Often the customer service experience is completely different than that experienced by locals.

The thread topic is Global Entry versus the new Mobile Passport Control.

The thread topic is Global Entry versus the new Mobile Passport Control.
That was resolved a little slower than usual. It took all the way to post 5! But, as typical on SB, other interesting topics were brought up along the way and people are discussing them. Such as:
Interesting. My experience has been pretty good in the US, including baggage handling and customer service. 3rd world countries? Not so much.
You sound just a little bit entitled....that never helps with customer service folks, especially in the US.
:wink:

In many parts of the 3rd world, we as foreigners really are entitled!
By this , I am not referring to "acting entitled" or "feeling entitled", but rather to the fact that we are treated as if we are special regardless of how we act or feel.

Why, oh why, would anyone willingly get onboard an American Airlines flight ?!?

Even in the name of science ?!?
Agreed. The only time an AA flight attendant smiles is when they see something funny on their smartphone.

Back
Top Bottom