Gluing pockets onto wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then another question: Should you get a size larger than your wear in a wetsuit? My wetsuit is a Henderson Large Aqualock, should I get XL shorts?

If you are getting the DGX/Highland shorts, they run big and baggy. I have the smallest size and they are still huge...At first I thought they sent me the wrong size...But, I don't like the shorts. I'm getting pockets as soon as I get a new wetsuit.

That seems like an option, but is it awkward to put on over a wetsuit?

Not at all, shorts are the very best option. You can always take them off if you decide its more comfortable eg in sidemount some people find protruding thigh pockets a pain. Quite a few makes, Scubapro Apeks etc

With the shorts, to deal with 'slippage' just replace the drawstring with bungee, one less thing to forget while gearing up (to tie the drawstring).

_R

I've glued pockets onto all 4 of my wetsuits and onto the suits of some customers. If you do it right you don't lose the ability of the suit to stretch. It does depend on the pocket though. The pocket does have to have a neoprene back to it. Trying to take something like a DR thigh pocket and cut the strap off to glue is not going to work.

Back
Top Bottom