GLWC Fall Meet-n-Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OH yeah Welcome to the groups how about a little profile info..

Lol, sorry...

Thanks for the welcome.

actually, my SO and I started the special cider tradition...you stole it from US! :no: you just dont know who I am, I am Nichole, Rob's (Leko916) better half.

Lol, sorry...

Thanks for the welcome.

actually, my SO and I started the special cider tradition...you stole it from US! :no: you just dont know who I am, I am Nichole, Rob's (Leko916) better half.

OH OK Yes you are correct we stole your cider receipe.. It was a huge Hit at the spring MNG we made it both nights. We made a double batch.. it seems to be just enough.

Hi KT I would like to see the stuffed peppers again. They were yummy.

Awesome! There you go Denny. Put me down for peppers. I can still add to the smores - let me know.

Awesome! There you go Denny. Put me down for peppers. I can still add to the smores - let me know.

Kt, smores wouldn't be smores without your touch---and, bring on the peppers!

Hello,

Are newbies welcome? We have never been in fresh or cold water. Will we survive in 3mm suits? Thanks

I believe a few of us are planning on attending our first m-n-g. I will be returning from Hawaii that week so it will depend on the work schedule. I have not been to Gilboa since last January. I know there is a new camp ground. Is that where the m-n-g will be held or by the docks. Looking forward to finally getting to meet many of you in person.

Bus

Hello,

Are newbies welcome? We have never been in fresh or cold water. Will we survive in 3mm suits? Thanks

First timers to M n G are always welcome. A 3mm suit will work only if you stay in 25-30 feet of water. After that, the temp drops right down to 46-50 degrees at 60 ft. If you stay shallow, you can dive without hood or gloves. Most attractions are fairly shallow. I've got a 5mm hooded vest you can use if it fits; that will really help.

I believe a few of us are planning on attending our first m-n-g. I will be returning from Hawaii that week so it will depend on the work schedule. I have not been to Gilboa since last January. I know there is a new camp ground. Is that where the m-n-g will be held or by the docks. Looking forward to finally getting to meet many of you in person.

Bus

Glad you all can make it, Bus. Gilboa is not Hawaii, so you'll have a little adjustment to make from the previous week. :shocked2: The M n G is held at the turnaround at the end of the road on the entry docks side. If Mitten Diver shows up, we'll have a GLWC flag flying. If you want to participate in the "Haunted Quarry" activities, you can call in your reservation and save yourself $10---$40 pre reservation--$50 day of the activities. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Glad you all can make it, Bus. Gilboa is not Hawaii, so you'll have a little adjustment to make from the previous week. :shocked2: The M n G is held at the turnaround at the end of the road on the entry docks side. If Mitten Diver shows up, we'll have a GLWC flag flying. If you want to participate in the "Haunted Quarry" activities, you can call in your reservation and save yourself $10---$40 pre reservation--$50 day of the activities. Looking forward to meeting you all.[/QUOTE]

You might want to clarify that... Our MNG is not associated with the Haunted diving, thing going on that same weekend. You do not have to pay the 50 bucks, to join us for the MNG. You only have to pay the regular quarry fees...

I bet if there was a FAQ people wouldnt be so confused:confused: I dont know where were staying. I dont know if My 3mil shorty is going to work. I dont know if I have full hook ups for my RV. I dont know what the membership fees are to join this GLWC thing. The person running it only seems to show up when he remembers LMAO!! I bet somewhere he forgot he has a prior arrangement.:rofl3::rofl3: There is no food list so to speak of. I dont know what I need to bring or what other people are bringing. I guess I will have to make sure I bring my own Kosher meats. That is all I eat.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom