GLWC Fall Meet-n-Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet if there was a FAQ people wouldnt be so confused:confused: I dont know where were staying. I dont know if My 3mil shorty is going to work. I dont know if I have full hook ups for my RV. I dont know what the membership fees are to join this GLWC thing. The person running it only seems to show up when he remembers LMAO!! I bet somewhere he forgot he has a prior arrangement.:rofl3::rofl3: There is no food list so to speak of. I dont know what I need to bring or what other people are bringing. I guess I will have to make sure I bring my own Kosher meats. That is all I eat.:D

Here is MeetnGreet FAQ From my mentor)

Q: Who can come to the MeetNGreet?
A: Any Scubaboard member, their family and Friends are invited.

Q: What time does MNG Start?
A: Gtxl1200, CLDWDIVER, Barracuda2 Will arrive approximately 10:00am Friday the Oct. 9. And will remain until Sunday afternoon.

Q: Why is it at Gilboa Quarry?
A: We have the MNG at Gilboa Quarry because we use it all weekend; we stay on the property the whole weekend. Some people have enough gear to fill a utility trailer and once they set it up, they like to leave it set up for the weekend. Also, we don't have to transport our gear to the entry points; Once geared up, we are within walking distance to go diving. It works for our needs.

Q: What is the water temps that time of year?
A: the water temps that time of year range right around 60-70 degrees in the shallows, and around 46-50 or around the tubes at 60'

Q: I only have a 3mill wet suit; will that be enough?
A: read above on Water temps; that's your call.

Q: I'm not certified yet; I just started my classes, but I lurk on Scubaboard all the time. Can I come?
A: Absolutely, What better way to get ahead of your classmates then to spend the weekend with divers. Of course we won't let you dive? The evening campfires alone are worth the trip!

Q: I don't have a dive; buddy can I come? Will someone be my buddy?
A: There will be plenty of people to buddy up with. Usually just ask who is ready to dive, or when someone else says, "who wants to dive?" just join in.

Q: What it the camping like at Gilboa?
A: Camping at Gilboa is Primitive. It is $8.00 per person per night to camp. Just grab a spot and set up your tent. The end of the road is the gathering place, but some people like to set up closer to the water entry points. You can share spots; also there is not a one tent per spot rule at Gilboa. Read more here

Q: Will I need to Bring anything?
A: Gtxl1200 has his Camper trailer (the bunkhouse) with a Generator; he has most everything that will be needed. We have a pot luck dinner on Saturday; we ask that you bring something for that. Bring whatever else you might think you will need. The bunkhouse has a refridgerator and stove and microwaver for those that will be bringing food that needs to be kept cold and food that needs to be heated..

A Simple rule
What happens at Meet N Greet stays at Meet N Greet.

Oh, and an actual question: What are the chances i'll be able to rent tanks there since its halloween weekend?

Tanks, wait, what?!?!?? You mean people dive at this thing???
:D

What is Gilboa's Alcohol policy?

It's "kinda" allowed---Don't ask, don't tell---don't flagrantly display it---bottom line, it's OK

Oh, and an actual question: What are the chances i'll be able to rent tanks there since its halloween weekend?

You will have no problems renting; however, I'll have 2 alum 80's with me that I may not use because I'm now using a HP 120 and can easily get two dives out of that cylinder. If you want to buy the gas, you can use one or both of mine that weekend.

I've decided not to move that weekend and will just stress myself out the weekend before my job transfers and move then (I thrive on stress), so I am committing to Fall MnG. Put me down for the usual croissants and Canadian Bacon plus some high class munchies for Friday night. Also, I'd like to make my usual reservation for a spot in the bunkhouse.

I've decided not to move that weekend and will just stress myself out the weekend before my job transfers and move then (I thrive on stress), so I am committing to Fall MnG. Put me down for the usual croissants and Canadian Bacon plus some high class munchies for Friday night. Also, I'd like to make my usual reservation for a spot in the bunkhouse.

Yay!!! Glad you're coming! And everyone else! Are you going to dive this time? I haven't heard anything from Mitten...hopefully this dry suit experience will go better than the first two attempts. It's hard to laugh when you are under the surface with a reg in your mouth, but laughing is what I tend to do when I am feet up head down ascending with Mitten trying to hold me back!

Yay!!! Glad you're coming! And everyone else! Are you going to dive this time? I haven't heard anything from Mitten...hopefully this dry suit experience will go better than the first two attempts. It's hard to laugh when you are under the surface with a reg in your mouth, but laughing is what I tend to do when I am feet up head down ascending with Mitten trying to hold me back!

I actually have most of my own gear now! I'm only missing a wetsuit and tanks (have a 3 mil shorty though :D). Found my old Dacor reg and had it checked out. It works fine, and I used it in Lauderdale. I got a great deal on a new BC. I have my flourescent pink weight belt from 1988 too! Woohoo. We actually have 4 alum 80's in the garage, but we haven't gotten around to having them hydro'd. Check out my Lauderdale pics on Facebook. We had some very good dives.

Hey all,

We're going to pull the plug on the Hobo Stew; it takes some organizing as to who would bring what, and the response from you all is either non-existent or negative. We'll just stick with what we have been doing on the other MnG's in the past. Bring something to share for all. Fri. night we could just have burgers and dogs; Sat a.m. we will have eggs and bacon. About 2 or so we'll have the big feed out. From that point out, it will be just grazing, diving, and partying. That evening around the campfire will attend the Ted and John Show, eat smores and snacks, and imbibe in our favorite beverages.

So it is spoken, so it shall be written. The grand poobah of M&G XXX has spoken!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom